Bang !!

Anyone know what this is or seen one before?

Its the mouthpiece that sticks in a breathaliser, the booby let me keep it as a memento !!

A car hit me on this roundabout at the end of the M45.
And he left me with a nasty blue scrape and a cracked step.

He made good his getaway down the A45.

Being somewhat of an amateur detective i followed off down the A45 in hotpursuit on foot following the tyretracks !!

A friend of mine when i was a youngster was actually a Red Indian scout and he taught me how to follow tracks.

And sure enough, i caught him hiding in a hedge!!

The police turned up and breathalised both of us .

Mind you, we where all done a dusted and about to go as they turned up. The kind lorry driver from DHL at Coventry seen the whole thing and kindly gave me his details incase i needed a witness, the car driver told the police it was his fault anyway. I think he had come practically flat out from the M45 and tried to shoot off infront of me. I felt sorry for the guy really. I could hardly keep a straight face though, the copper asked him if he had any recovery on its way or could he get any and the guy said…" i don’t think my Tesco breakdown will cover this" i nearly fell over !!
Anyway, checked the door of the cab today and noticed this, more blue paint !!

To say he was lucky is an understatement. Actually, it wasn’t funny at the time because when i seen him go i thought no one was going to get out the car. I was glad to see him get out and run upto the roadside. Be carefull out there, especially if you’re near me :smiley:

you aren’t safe to let out on the roads…
he obviously thinks it is funny that you work for JMD as well <<<<<joke

Owner Drivers:
you aren’t safe to let out on the roads…
he obviously thinks it is funny that you work for JMD as well <<<<<joke

:smiley: :smiley:

Now this is a scenario where you are better off to be an owner driver. If that was my own, i would now be in possesion of a repair bill for about 3K and i would be ‘officially off work’ with injuries :smiley:
Unfortunatley, they’ll get paid for a step. I’ll have to deal with the trauma at my own cost !! :wink:

Geez ur makin sheet of that Daf in its last week. Lucky you had brakes eh!
You do have brakes? dont ya!

ellies dad:
Geez ur makin sheet of that Daf in its last week. Lucky you had brakes eh!
You do have brakes? dont ya!

Keep up, that not my truck !!! Mine was taken off the road, i got that because the guy is on holiday just for me to see the week out, or the truck off wichever comes first !!

thats not even ure daf either mike tut tut !!

u have wrecked ure 1 aswell :wink:

2 in a week bet ya the gaffa is pleased hahaha

mark h:
thats not even ure daf either mike tut tut !!

u have wrecked ure 1 aswell :wink:

2 in a week bet ya the gaffa is pleased hahaha

Hey, you’re supposed to stick up for me ! :smiley:

Mark did wave my wageslip about and say we are looking to cut costs !!

Mike-C:
Now this is a scenario where you are better off to be an owner driver. If that was my own, i would now be in possesion of a repair bill for about 3K and i would be ‘officially off work’ with injuries :smiley:
Unfortunatley, they’ll get paid for a step. I’ll have to deal with the trauma at my own cost !! :wink:

don’t believe it… at attempted £20K claim for a similar thing has upped our insurance by way too much this year.

A learner driver ( not an instructors car - just a family car with L plates on)tried to pass in front of the vehicle when appriaching a roundabout in the wrong lane ( leaft hand lane when going right). The vehicle was clipped and a small scratch along the side of the vehicle ( valued at £1000) has resulted in the occupants being traumatised and unable to work due to the stress…

claim still ongoing after two years and two years of increased costs while it is being disputed…

How is that better being the owner driver - I work that out as £8k out of pocket…
Ask Mr JMD how much they are out of pocket while the claim is being settled…

thats a bit harsh calling the police a booby im sure he was only trying to help :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Random info.
An Irish left ■■■■■■ nearly wiped me out on that roundabout, rather than follow the curve(lane discipline)he opted for the quicker route which is straight over all the lanes.I was in my wee car.
I had to brake and swerve or get smacked by a big truck, I didn’t bother to get his reg or company but when I overtook him I gave him the finger.That felt more productive :laughing:

Mike are you on the CB?

Did the cop ask/question you first :question: - I ask this as it is usual in these circumstances to do so as you are the .professional’ involved and a lot of truckers out there seem to think that because the cop ‘picks on them’ first, they assume that the trucker is to blame :exclamation:

hope everyone was OK.

As this is wimbledon season - TRUCK 15 - CAR LUV :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cracking story Mike, it goes to show that people who hang around in the bushes are usually up to no good. :grimacing:
Glad you’re OK mate. :smiley:

I’ve been breathalised too, but they always ask for a second attempt.
With my blood/alcohol level ALWAYS being a fat zero, they never believe the first one :laughing: :laughing:
It must cost the taxpayer ( :open_mouth: me) a fortune in wasted police time. :exclamation:

dieseldave:
I’ve been breathalised too, but they always ask for a second attempt.
With my blood/alcohol level ALWAYS being a fat zero, they never believe the first one :laughing: :laughing:
It must cost the taxpayer ( :open_mouth: me) a fortune in wasted police time. :exclamation:

Doesn’t say a lot for the state of your driving then dave if there always zero :wink:

Greg:
Doesn’t say a lot for the state of your driving then dave if there always zero :wink:

Hi Greg, That’s a very fair point mate, and I can guess why you might think that. :grimacing:

What wasn’t clear from my post (SORRY :blush: ) was that I meant the random spot-checks carried out under different rules in Europe. Also, in some countries, the police put up a checkpoint and every driver passing is stopped and required to blow in the machine, regardless of whether there’s been any kind of road traffic offence.
France and the former East Germany (DDR,) as just two examples, come to mind for this.

:blush: Sorry for any confusion. :blush:

dieseldave:

Greg:

Hi Greg, That’s a very fair point mate, and I can guess why you might think that. :grimacing:

What wasn’t clear from my post (SORRY :blush: ) was that I meant the random spot-checks carried out under different rules in Europe. Also, in some countries, the police put up a checkpoint and every driver passing is stopped and required to blow in the machine, regardless of whether there’s been any kind of road traffic offence.
France and the former East Germany (DDR,) as just two examples, come to mind for this.

:blush: Sorry for any confusion. :blush:

My mate Ivan picked me and another driver up one night. We all had a few and we were going home about 1am. Next thing was plod pulled out passed Ivan and did a starsky & hutch manoevre. Good Evening Sir, been drinking have we? Sure have said Ivan reinforced by myself and Tiny. When was your last drink? About 30 minutes ago.

How many have you had? 6 pints said Ivan, No Tiny shouts, hic. you must have had 7 hic.:open_mouth:
Ivan is taken to the policecar. 10 minutes later he is back explaining about this stupid policeman. He said that he was tested twice, he couldnt get a reading and Ivan said Im not surprised.

Im a diabetic, I only drink Bitter Lemon and Soda water :smiley:

Seem to remember getting into some hot water on here for defending your
right to publicise the number plate of a bad driver Mike. :unamused: :wink: :laughing:

Have the rules been changed again. :open_mouth: ?

Glad to hear you’re ok though :wink: :smiley: .

Mike-C:
…" i don’t think my Tesco breakdown will cover this"Â

LMFAO!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good read mate! Glad everyone was OK.

dreva:
thats a bit harsh calling the police a booby im sure he was only trying to help :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:blush: Typo. I meant Bobby !!

K.Adams:
Mike are you on the CB?

Not any more, i was ‘Stardust Mick’ at one time. :smiley:

Spardo:
Seem to remember getting into some hot water on here for defending your
right to publicise the number plate of a bad driver Mike. :unamused: :wink: :laughing:

I thought this guy was good !! :smiley:

ROG:
Did the cop ask question you first :question: - I ask this as it is usual in these circumstances to do so as you are the .professional’ involved and a lot of truckers out there seem to think that because the cop ‘picks on them’ first, they assume that the trucker is to blame :exclamation:

The Police where very good, there was two of them. They asked all the usuall questions, checked all the usuall things, it was pretty self explanitory from the skid marks what happened. The guy actually told the officers that it was his fault. Although the letter from his insurance yesterday says i hit their driver on a roundabout !!
The main concern from the police apart from the fact we where both ok was that there was no street furniture damaged or anything like that.

Hi Mike C good to see your keeping in with JMD company policy, with regards to having a damaged truck!! Only kidding all jokes aside glad no one seriously hurt, bet that guy regrets putting on white trousers that morning?