Bandar Abbas Express

Just found this site with loads of photos on the middle east i assume
they are from the book Bandat Abbas Express ?

www.veteran98.no/bandarweb.htm

Enjoy

Spotted this one on the site
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Looks to me like a Astran motor in the ditch
i wonder if its the one John Williams talks about after he brings it back to life in Destination Doha
When he said he slid off the road in it after dropping his trailer, you never know

Ian, yes I think it is, I remember him telling me the story when we were together one trip.
It was on Tahir and he had to jack the truck out of the edge using a bottle jack. Trouble was the ice only thawed for a while, and they had to work fast, it took them days.
GS

GS OVERLAND:
Ian, yes I think it is, I remember him telling me the story when we were together one trip.
It was on Tahir and he had to jack the truck out of the edge using a bottle jack. Trouble was the ice only thawed for a while, and they had to work fast, it took them days.
GS

I was told a while back GS that Nick Garlick whos ment to be doing a book on the M/E has John Williams old diarys & photos of the incident,
if this is true then lets hope the book wont take too much longer as form one of bestbooties post i think hes given him a load of stuff as well, so itll be nice to see it all together in book format.

Truckerash is the man to contact about Nick Garlick, personally I have never met nick, but I would be upset too if I had passed on my " lifes stories" without any results!! I too have many photos and tales that would make good reading, and I have also put the backbone of a book together, but have kept it to myself, until I meet the right " publisher".
GS

Hey GS “hurry up and find the right publisher” im sure it would be a
cracking read after looking at your great pictures ! :laughing:

DEANB:
Hey GS “hurry up and find the right publisher” im sure it would be a
cracking read after looking at your great pictures ! :laughing:

I`ll second that :wink:

may be worth contacting t+d mag(they have links on here)to advise/assist with a publisher :wink:

Cheers for that, I will see what I can come up with, after I finish my Extra Old Rum. Ahhhhhhhhhhh
GS

nianiamh:

GS OVERLAND:
GS

I was told a while back GS that Nick Garlick whos ment to be doing a book on the M/E has John Williams old diarys & photos of the incident,
if this is true then lets hope the book wont take too much longer as form one of bestbooties post i think hes given him a load of stuff as well, so itll be nice to see it all together in book format.

Yeah I have mentioned before that Nick Garlick has been to my place twice,the second time he came with Robert Dodds-Brown,used to be an O/D subbie for Chapman and Ball when I was on there.Nick has also spent some time and collected a load of info from my mate “Popeye”.