Ban the trucks

Had BBC Manchester on radio.
All morning they have been going on ban trucks from the roads causing to much pollution leading to health problems etc.
Interviewing residents on some main road into manchester city centre.
Almost all want trucks banning .
Funny they don’t mention the fact maybe 80%of the traffic is cars people comuting to work.
Or the buses that stop start pumping out black clouds of smoke.
Or the hundreds of old dirty petrol cars on the road.
No it’s the handfull.of clean diesel add blue euro 6 7 engined trucks causing all the pollution.

BBC is just the green party in drag. Most left wing bunch of ■■■■■■■ known to man.

We never listen to or watch anything from the state broadcaster.

Juddian:

Wise words.

The public spouting uneducated nonsense about HGVs…

Nothing to see here!

someone up high in this country is behind all this anti-diesel stuff. the campaign to get rid is big news . im not sure who it is and its not environmentalist led. i mean only a decade ago petrol was touted as being the dangerous one with no end of facts and figures in the press about how lethal it is , not diesel , now its reversed

corij:
someone up high in this country is behind all this anti-diesel stuff. the campaign to get rid is big news . im not sure who it is and its not environmentalist led. i mean only a decade ago petrol was touted as being the dangerous one with no end of facts and figures in the press about how lethal it is , not diesel , now its reversed

I bet it’s the bloke whos kid was born with the giant ear :wink:

Regards. John.

Juddian:

What about Dr who? Top Gear? Dramas such as bodyguard? Comedy’s?

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

andy187:

Juddian:

What about Dr who? Top Gear? Dramas such as bodyguard? Comedy’s?

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Nope, no interest in their mainstream broadcasts, BBC used to make brilliant dramas at one time, ie Blott on the Landcsape, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (the real version with Sir Alec Guiness) then Smiley’s People.

The politically correct stuff they churn out these days is of no interest amusement or entertainment whatsoever to me, and their versions of the news and current affairs? don’t get me started, though in such depts they have strong competition from others for bias.

Juddian:

Not even Sir David Attenborough? The o ly thing on BBC worth watching imo.

rob22888:

Nothing to see here!

The public has a choice. Stop buying stuff, put up with 20 transits for every lorry on the road or stfu moaning about lorries because the alternative is much worse.

Personally, I believe it’s simply to promote the driverless lorry agenda. Weve already seen the clueless councillor who knows nothing about lorries try to suggest driverless lorries will make everything ok. All of this is just to get the public to try and accept robots on our roads

edd1974:

My first question is, why?

Secondly, come xmas martket time what happens? :smiley:

Personally i’m all for it. Some people only ever learn things the hard way and i’m a big fan of Schadenfreude :laughing:

Nite Owl:

rob22888:

Nothing to see here!

The public has a choice. Stop buying stuff, put up with 20 transits for every lorry on the road or stfu moaning about lorries because the alternative is much worse.

Personally, I believe it’s simply to promote the driverless lorry agenda. Weve already seen the clueless councillor who knows nothing about lorries try to suggest driverless lorries will make everything ok. All of this is just to get the public to try and accept robots on our roads

And imagine having 20 transits per artic with all those vans being driven by somebody racing round on only a car licence, trying to drive it like a car because they know no better, also pretty much unregulated ie no tacho, tired drivers on the road.

These arse holes really don’t think these ridiculous statements through. Some of them possibly very intelligent people, but don’t have the common sense to realise that if you buy anything at all it involves a truck to get it there and lorries are actually the most effeicent way of moving stuff about in bulk unless you happen to have a docks, rail freight terminal, or air freight terminal in the town you live. But even then it has to be taken from that terminal or docks to where it’s actually going. Unless you knock down all the shops and builders yards down and everything else and rebuild them all right next to the port or terminal.

edd1974:
All morning they have been going on ban trucks from the roads causing to much pollution leading to health problems etc.
Interviewing residents on some main road into manchester city centre.
Almost all want trucks banning .

These are the same people that will walk into a supermarket and panic when they see empty shelves. Or if they can’t order the clothes or general goods they require.
Pathetic.

old 67:

corij:

I bet it’s the bloke whos kid was born with the giant ear :wink:

Regards. John.

the guy i knew with big ear was Billy Mills owned W J MILLS haulage and breakers yard in Hollesley, Suffolk. He was a right cantankerous old git ,i was in his yard once and was a bit slow leaving he told me “if u dont hurry up i will set the dog on you”

only there wasnt a dog

his son David was caught by one of the fitters attempting suicide by bringing down one of the bulkers bodies onto his head which was on the chassis behind the cab

I personally can’t wait until they ban all trucks from all cities.
I know these idiots making these idiotic statements will eventually realise no trucks delivering their food to Waitrose etc is going to become a big problem very quickly but I live in hope [emoji57]

All I will say is this.Im long retired now and out of it but in the 34yrs I was doing the job the uk never learned to live with trucks as an
important part of their very existance.They still haven’t and never will WHY■■?.

dafdave:
All I will say is this.Im long retired now and out of it but in the 34yrs I was doing the job the uk never learned to live with trucks as an
important part of their very existance.They still haven’t and never will WHY■■?.

Because we have earned a bad reputation…

Nite Owl:

Juddian:

Not even Sir David Attenborough? The o ly thing on BBC worth watching imo.

^^^^^^^^
best job in the world.
wrapped up in a big anorak and films for 5 mins in the artic or wherever ,then back home and do 55 mins of voiceover in front of the recording the film crew made the rest of the time they were there… :slight_smile: