Baldwin crane hire

heavyliftnews.com/news/baldw … oked?cu=58

Looks like a rather large hole in the crane rental sector for the moment.

The cranes are not affected, they are not O licenced, it is only the ballast trucks, as a one time employee of the company I can only say that I am not surprised. It was not the best company I ever worked for

This link might work
constructionenquirer.com/201 … e-license/

Did they not go bust a few years ago after buying a South American crane hire company?

Av a look at this ! Just googled them :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-la … e-34972941

wont they just sub contract out the movement of ballast to a 3rd party seen as tho its only the trucks off the road

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Rikki-UK:
The cranes are not affected, they are not O licenced, it is only the ballast trucks, as a one time employee of the company I can only say that I am not surprised. It was not the best company I ever worked for

That’s an utterly ridiculous state of affairs! Badly maintained 100+ tonne cranes allowed to carry on as before while the much lighter trucks are taken off the road.

Most of the light trucks you remarked about run at 100 ton and in most cases are heavier on the road than the cranes

spit the dog:
Most of the light trucks you remarked about run at 100 ton and in most cases are heavier on the road than the cranes

‘Lighter’ :wink: But fair enough if that’s the case. My point still stands though allowing them to continue running cranes is nuts

switchlogic:

spit the dog:

‘Lighter’ :wink: But fair enough if that’s the case. My point still stands though allowing them to continue running cranes is nuts

But are they? And I guess that they won’t get ‘competetive’ rates to move their ballast etc…

It’s the rules that are stupid no mot on the cranes and no driving hours which most of the company’s take advantage of not just baldwins I’m not sticking up for them but the fact is most of the company’s put profit before anything else and until the rules are tightened it will continue with or without baldwins

A few years back a Baldwins 3 axle Grove ran away down a steep hill in a village just outside Bradford. The crane hit a tractor and muckspreader spinning them round and throwing the farmer out of the cab he died a few hours later in hospital. The outcome of the enquiry was that the brakes were not working properly. Also over the years I think they have been involved in several fatalities. Owing to the fact that the farmer was a friend of mine you could say I’m not a Baldwins crane hire no. 1 fan.
Cheers Andy

reading the above links makes me wonder how the directors and indeed the mechanics responsible for disabling the brakes have avoided prison.

switchlogic:

spit the dog:

I would suspect it is the cost of training and equipment versus a relatively small number of vehicles means it’s considered unviable to instigate an MOT and roadside inspection regime - although there is clearly a strong case for one.

Applications for the 3rd of august :unamused:

BALDWINS SUPPORT SERVICES LTDDirector(s): ANDREW SKELTON.STATION YARD, LANGLEY PARK ROAD, LANGLEY, SLOUGH SL2 4ZNOperating Centre: UNIT 3, WESTWAY ROAD, ALEXANDRA DOCKS, NEWPORT NP20 2WDAuthorisation:4 Vehicle(s) and 6 Trailer(s).Transport Manager(s): ANDREW SKELTON4

This is a big company ,check out their latest news :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

baldwinscranehire.co.uk/news … 7565-.html

Balwins u stink :open_mouth: :unamused:

Corporate manslaughter for u lot! :unamused:

Scumbags!

Wonder if the directors skimp on the servicing of their cars? :open_mouth:
I suspect they view their lives as a little more valuable than others… :unamused:

Another bloody crane :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

15 mile jam… :unamused:

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sout … s-37082021

Rikki-UK:

Interesting, there crane and there own liveried volvo ballast truck passed me heading eastbound on the opposite carriageway to Hull on the M62 at 2pm ish today. ■■