Baghdad Trucker - New book about Middle-East Run

Finally a new book!

A must for trucking enthusiasts and travellers. A tale of adventure, the true-life story of a long distance trucker on “the most dangerous roads in the world.” 340 pages of text plus 32 pages of photographs (most full colour) are great value. Some of the photos are breathtaking.

You can order it now and get it for Christmas :slight_smile: See details on www.toprun.ch

Best whishes for 2007

Ferdy

Good news Ferdy.

That looks like an interesting read.

I’ll have a word with ‘her in doors’, my birthday’s coming up in a couple of months or so. :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I ordered it this afternoon from Amazon, long delivery time though.

ordered it yesterday off e-bay £9.95 + £2.50 postage. My wife is buying it for me for christmas.She just dosn’t know it yet.

P.S Computer had a senior moment other day lost a load of stuff, including address for Terrys site could some one put link up for me or p.m it please.

thanks Bob.

Link Pm’d

Thankyou Neil.

i couldn get through on the link on the website … so bought itm off ebay for a couple of quid cheaper :wink: :wink: :wink:

Ferdy put my order in and paided via Pay Pal just waiting delivery from Switzerland

Its also in stock here & only took 2 days delivery

nynehead-books.co.uk/description.php?II=1313

Not got around to reading it yet :unamused:

I ordered mine on Sunday from Amazon and got it today :smiley:
I’ll be reading it tonight, could be a late night !

i got mine the other day. excellent so far. :wink:

Tried ordering from toprun 3 times payed via paypal always unclaimed sent 3 emails to ferdy no reply so gave up and ordered direct from ebay just waiting for it to arrive. By the way if you read this ferdy great website but your links and email don’t seem to work.

Same here I ordered with ferdy but he didn’t claim the payment so the wife cancelled it and ordered it off ebay got here for xmas and had the cheek to wrap it up as a xmas present as I was away when it came

Hi gang!

Sorry for email adresse problems with ordering the book trough Toprun
Made some b…t with the code…

Anyway i’m happy that you find some other solution

I’m also reading the book at the moment

will add many more photos about Middle-East run soon on Toprun

Keep on checking www.toprun.ch

Best wishes for 2007 - Ferdy -

right now ive finished the book but dont know nif ive missed a bit… when his dad died did he go to oz afterwards or stay at davis.

I started reading it at work on Wednesday night and finished it Thursday morning, bloody good read in my opinion.

jessicas dad:
right now ive finished the book but dont know nif ive missed a bit… when his dad died did he go to oz afterwards or stay at davis.

I read it that he didn’t go. Page 316 it says that on Oct 5th, two days before he was leaving for Oz, fate intervened and he had to take a different course and he would have to wait a long, long time before he got the soles of his feet burnt on the beach in Oz again. Book two may hold the answer as he says that is another story.

I ordered this off eBay on wednesday afternoon and it arrived today (friday).

Not going to read it until I go back to work though, to give me something to do when parked up.

Coffeeholic:
I started reading it at work on Wednesday night and finished it Thursday morning, bloody good read in my opinion.

jessicas dad:

I read it that he didn’t go. Page 316 it says that on Oct 5th, two days before he was leaving for Oz, fate intervened and he had to take a different course and he would have to wait a long, long time before he got the soles of his feet burnt on the beach in Oz again. Book two may hold the answer as he says that is another story.

cheers neil.

I’ve read it now, and it’s an interesting book in parts. While it’s always good to get some background on an author, I felt that Kevin Noble (or rather his ghost-writer) dwelt for far too long on matters which would not necessarily be of very much interest to people wishing to read about truck driving to the Middle East .

Harry Monk:
I’ve read it now, and it’s an interesting book in parts. While it’s always good to get some background on an author, I felt that Kevin Noble (or rather his ghost-writer) dwelt for far too long on matters which would not necessarily be of very much interest to people wishing to read about truck driving to the Middle East .

That’s a good point, maybe a better title would have been preferable to show that it was not all about driving to the ME, it more about his whole life rather than the ME bit. Mind you, what the hell do I know about giving a book a title that reflects its contents. :stuck_out_tongue: