badges

I found these in my dads possessions

1387016829614.jpg

Got those myself, plus a few more besides.

Pete.

The Big A :sunglasses: , Gardner 240, :sunglasses: ■■■■■■■ :open_mouth: badges my favs still to this day, i remember asking foden for a badge back in the early 70s, still at school back then, they wrote back and said you have to buy one
£1 :angry: :cry: i think at the time postal orders sent one badge received :unamused:
The rest of the truck manufactures all sent a badge free and most a nice letter i wonder what you would get today ?

Brian. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: - :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

in the 60s i went into fodens nearly every week for repairs or greasing etc . a stroll round to the reception desk and you would be given a lapel badge . if it was near a mealtime you were issued with a chit for a free breakfast or lunch . no badges left now though , i suspect the lad took them to school for swaps with his mates .

Hi Folks,
I’ve got a few.

SDC10387.JPG

Cheers Malc.

Badges, we don’t need no stinkin badges!

Sorry, couldn’t resist, loving the badges really.

Are they the badges that moved the goalposts?

malc step:
Hi Folks,
I’ve got a few.

Cheers Malc.

wow beafs my two lol

just been on e bay foden badges £15 to£35 not a bad investment.

Great stuff from everyone, I have a few of my own, I will have a look in the old shoe boxes where a lot of old stuff is, I should have done it years ago but never had the time , Regards Larry.

A few from BIBS,

[attachment=0[/attachment]

all i have is the Leyland badge (left hand corner)…i was given it at Millburn motors in Carlisle when my dad stopped to pick up spares tae take back to yard in the 60s.

The only one I collected was a “Gardner 150” which I put on the bonnet of my Minivan!

It looks like “Malc Step” has a duplication of some of the badges I have in my collection. :slight_smile:

Cheers , cattle wagon man.

^^^i used to have loads if then as a kid. Christ knows where they are now and he ain’t saying