Badges

As I said elsewhere,I found a box with a load of old enamel badges that I’d collected over the years from various places.
Here’s some of 'em…I’m afraid the picture quality isn’t too good :cry: :cry: :cry:

Bit like having a “Gold Blue Peter Badge” with this one,because the one’s you used to get from
the CFDC (Continental Freight Drivers Club) were silver for some reason.

Typical Ford,this ones plastic.

It’s difficult to read this one because it’s gold lettering on a yellow background,but it’s
a Ross Drivers Club badge from Fakenham,given to me by one of their driver’s
around 1977.

Cheap and cheerful,Mercedes.

The Big ‘A’,back from when they made proper lorries like Borderers.

Gardner 240,from back when they used to fit engines in proper lorries,like Atkinsons.

The Hope anti-jacknife device badge.

I tried for years to get a Foden badge,eventually this one was given to me by the low-loader driver,
Keith Hadlow,at Spencer King Contractors in Dargate.I worked there in the
garage when I left school in 1972.

Nuff’ said!

This one from around 1974.

Not even 9carat :cry:

The old Scania logo.

Maggie-Deutz.

Oh dear,Oh dear…yes I was once a member of the T&G,not that it did me any good.

As sure as the sunrise.Or so they said.

I’m not sure,but I think this one was given to me by a school pal.

When ■■■■■■■ sent me this one they also sent me a full size radiator badge.
Unfortunately,I threw that away!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

This ones from the 2800 era.

Guy were very generous,they sent me several of these.

This one may be quite rare.An AEC V-trucks badge.

One from Watford.

Pitt Trailers.Not sure if they’re still going,or they got taken over by someone else.

And last of all,CFDC.

Thats a great selection of badge’s you have there KW,would imagine some of those could be quite rare.
Cheers Dave.

If thats only a few of them,we would all like to see some more.I like yourself have collected badges and am trying to obtain a VULCAN lorry badge.
My dad used to drive one in the 1950s,and i used to ride with him.I have never seen a VULCAN lapel badge but have been informed they did
make one.This could be a very interesting thread.

Whats the story with an AEC V Trucks badge?

The rest of them are mint, just had a quiz across the room with my mate guessing the badges.

the selection you posted are great and as one person all ready
posted some are quite rare , these pins are well liked over
here and you see lots of people either exchanging or buying
and selling when visiting truck meetings or exhibitions,
the British ones are great , any more hidden away perhaps.

Wheel Nut:
Whats the story with an AEC V Trucks badge?

AEC sent it to me with some brochures for the V8 Mandator when it was launched (whenever that was),unfortunately the brochures got chucked out years ago :frowning:

Hi TIR I used to have a Scammell badge which was an elongated oval shape royal blue background with Scammell in gold italics and gold edging this was in the 60s so would probably have been before Leyland took them over cheers Johnnie

Hi all
Just got these out of a draw I’ve had them donky years. I must be honest the Sentinal badge was in my garage with some nuts and bolts only come across
it about 2 years ago but I know exactly where it was issued with a DG 6 new to Sir Thomas and Arther Wardel Leek Staffs 1953.You can see badges on E bay they only fetch a few quid well most anyway(not including the sentinel) .

John

The jag should be with the Guy badge for big J
John

Like the dodge drivers club badge,dont surpose you would consider selling it.My dad was a member in the sixtees and i remember
he had a badge on his jacket.

Hi John that Scammell badge is the one I had I probably lost it at the same time as I lost my brains

cheers Johnnie

Wow iv’e just looked on E bay AEC lapel badge £10 and a Foden £4 I must be rich, If Scania turns you on their’s a nice 60s pin badge also a Gardner
lapel flag £25.
John