Badges and Prices

Trucks, that is.

Been hunting out some figures (rough) for new build rigid 6x2 rear lift/steer, drawbar spec, 440 (ish) hp, sleeper, specced to a good standard. The journey so far (chassis without body):

DAF CF £80k
Scania G £100k
Renault T £80k

I’ve yet to hear from the ‘others’…

I should imagine Man and Mercs to be around the £80k mark, with Iveco maybe £10k less and Volvo maybe on a par with Scania…

But I don’t know…the sales teams seem to be avoiding my calls…! Anyone have any info?

Cheers…!

Merc have a 6 month lead time on rigid’s my boss ordered 2 6 wheelers and a 12t flat bed back in September with a delivery date of Feb march

blue estate:
Merc have a 6 month lead time on rigid’s my boss ordered 2 6 wheelers and a 12t flat bed back in September with a delivery date of Feb march

Doesn’t surprise me to be fair - but their UK Market share isn’t great. Daf reckon they can deliver the chassis in 6 weeks, plus an extra 4 for the body.

el_presidente:

blue estate:

Doesn’t surprise me to be fair - but their UK Market share isn’t great. Daf reckon they can deliver the chassis in 6 weeks, plus an extra 4 for the body.

Helps DAF that the trucks are assembled here in UK unlike Mercs

Have you worn the scania out already ?

Punchy Dan:
Have you worn the scania out already ?

Not quite - picking up more work mate, more long distance, so toying with the idea of taking on a new unit - looking at seeing if the fuel efficiency, R&M offers and warranties compensate for the capital expenditure…

Bit of a toss up at the moment!

We’ve just had a quote for a ■■■■■ that was easily 20k less than Scania…

F-reds:
We’ve just had a quote for a ■■■■■ that was easily 20k less than Scania…

Nice work…! I quite like Swedish ■■■■■…!

my firm ordered a volvo fh 420 4x2 rigid and a twin axle trailer in september last year, it was delivered to the bodybuilders in late november, and we collected it in the middle of march this year. the unit was nicely specced to, leather heated and vented seats, passenger swivel seat, leather wheel and grab handles, twin bunk, kelsa light bar, plus the usual mod cons.
the cost of all of it including the vat was around £160k.

Where are you based El Presidente?
You said you hadn’t heard from MAN, sounds like a Cordwallis dealership?
Their aftersales (or lack of) is the reason why we wont entertain a new MAN despite our secondhand 61 plate being a great (basic) wagon. I always found MAN Swindon alright when I was at Earthline, however.
Daf (HTC Oxford) are a different breed altogether, can’t speak for other branches but parts are always there and they don’t pretend you’re invisible like Cordwallis do.

Muckaway:
Where are you based El Presidente?
You said you hadn’t heard from MAN, sounds like a Cordwallis dealership?
Their aftersales (or lack of) is the reason why we wont entertain a new MAN despite our secondhand 61 plate being a great (basic) wagon. I always found MAN Swindon alright when I was at Earthline, however.
Daf (HTC Oxford) are a different breed altogether, can’t speak for other branches but parts are always there and they don’t pretend you’re invisible like Cordwallis do.

I used to be your neck of the woods mate - Lechlade… but have moved to North wales now!

Have a Google at Gordon Hunter Transport Renault.
Tidy Renault T 6 wheel curtainsider. To quote Gino Washington (ish), he’s as happy as a fat rat in a cheese factory with it.

Sent from my X17 using Tapatalk