Bad week :(

I agree with Pat. I got asked if wanted to team the Yukon a swift ‘ermmmm not thanks’ was the reply lol.

In simple terms, any journey that starts and finishes in the USA is interstating, it doesn’t matter who’s trailer it is, where it comes from, blah, blah, blah. If you pick it up in the USA that is where your journey started, so if you deliver it in the USA you have broken the law and you will be completely submerged in excremement if you get caught :wink:

How do I delete an incorrect post?!!

newmercman:
In simple terms, any journey that starts and finishes in the USA is interstating, it doesn’t matter who’s trailer it is, where it comes from, blah, blah, blah. If you pick it up in the USA that is where your journey started, so if you deliver it in the USA you have broken the law and you will be completely submerged in excremement if you get caught :wink:

A Canadian vehicle driven by a US citizen or a status Native american can interstate.
sorry if ya dont mean my last post.
jimmy.

mickfly:
How do I delete an incorrect post?!!

You can ask me to do it for you :bulb:

But, I won’t, it stays, just to make you look silly :laughing:

JIMBO47:

newmercman:

A Canadian vehicle driven by a US citizen or a status Native american can interstate.
sorry if ya dont mean my last post.
jimmy.

You’re correct James, it is all down to the driver’s nationality, a Native American can haul anywhere, someone with dual Citizenship (USA/Canada) can haul anywhere, but as we’re talking about a sheep shagger in a Canadian truck, he can only haul cross border loads, anything hauled internally in the USA is illegal, no matter where the freight comes from originally or whose trailer it’s on :wink:

lol same other way round ,at Acheson huskey watch the Lyndon transfer trucks droping trailers US plates /canada and vice versa. used to pass an hr or two…
jimmy.

Actually interstating rules are different for Americans in Canada, they can do a couple of internal loads to help them get home, for example if they run up from the east coast and unload in Edmonton they could load Edmonton to Calgary, Calgary to Winnipeg, Winnipeg to Toronto and then load out of Toronto for the USA, each leg of that trip is getting them closer to home, they couldn’t do Edmonton to Winnipeg, Winnipeg to Calgary and then Calgary to the USA as the Winnipeg to Calgary leg would be interstating, it’s ■■■■■■■■ really, thay should have the same rules either side of the border, but it is what it is and as internal loads are illegal for Canadian trucks in the USA (depending on Citizenship) that’s a good thing, if you could do internals you’d never get home and you’d be sitting around in truckstops earning SFA half your life like the American drivers do :unamused:

Aye my friend Ken is pleased he is on the Thief river-wpeg fed ex run daily and not interstating any more.

@confused.com :confused:
In what way is a ‘Native American’ not either a US or Canadian citizen ?
It sounds like they are a different species LOL

newmercman:
if you could do internals you’d never get home and you’d be sitting around in truckstops earning SFA half your life like the American drivers do :unamused:

Well said that man!

Pat Hasler:
@confused.com :confused:
In what way is a ‘Native American’ not either a US or Canadian citizen ?
It sounds like they are a different species LOL

There was no Canada or America until the paleface came along chased all the Buffalo away and stole the land off the natives, so the descendants of the indiginous people have the ability to go where they want and do what they want on their land and they don’t pay tax either, most of them are too busy getting ■■■■■■ and knocking kids out quicker than a slag on a council estate to worry about working so they could benefit from not having to pay taxes, but that’s another subject entirely… :wink:

I don’t think they are very bright people. I mean the Lone Ranger had to rescue tonto every week on tv.
Mind you they did have a raw deal roaming round minding there own business smoking the peace pipe shooting the odd buffalo with a bow and arrow then John Wayne types turn up shoot all the buffalos then start on them.

taffytrucker:
"

so yes you can uder certain circumstances Kraut. now that you for the information and yes i will keep it in mind but just about every post I have seen from you is bad mouthing H&R one way or another now if thats all you come on here for then no offence why bother??

I didn’t come here for bad mouthing, but I must say sorry, there’s nothing good to report about H&R.
Just want to warn others when I read misleading informations. When someone reads your post about H&R all seems rosy in this company but in fact it isn’t. It’s not only me who made bad experiences with them, lots of drivers were abused by this company and lost a lot of money. I know drivers who are currently working there and they are not happy at all.
Some drivers get good trips and lots of miles, but I preferred to work legal and not to fake my logs.

Talk to Canadians what they think about H&R and in one or two years you will remember my words…

Every morning when I wake up and go to the bathroom and look in the mirror I still can look in my face. I’m not a brown-noser, that was my problem with H&R. I’m German and I say what I think, that’s a problem for many Canadians.
I would do that in every country of the world, I’m old enough to know what I’m doing.

And don’t believe everything what your dispatchers or even the safety manager tells you, they are liars!
It’s your life Taffy and your job you wanna do here in Canada and the US, so please be careful, at H&R you are only a number who can be replaced pretty fast.

Kraut, you’re one of many that has had problems with H&R, but Taffy is getting on ok there, I know another couple of lads and one team that are also doing very well on there. A few weeks ago I bumped into another Brit on there who said they were an awful bunch, petty, spiteful and aggressive, if you gave them any lip they sat you around and hurt your pay packet. So it seems that it can be a different experience for everyone, you also have to take that into account, as much as your experience was bad, others will be much better, it’s the same on any big firm, anywhere in the world :wink:

That doesn’t mean that you should be quiet about it though, so if you’ve any interesting stories, good or bad, post them so that anyone thinking of joining H&R can see both sides of the story…and the rest of us can enjoy a bit of good old fashioned slagging off :laughing:

Kraut you had a bad expeeriance yes where as I havent had a bad one. As I said that thread is how I find H&R. Its not dressed up in any shape for form and I havnt lost any money or anything since coming to work for them in fact I’m doing well for myself, when people ask me I say yea I’m doing well and if down to me I go no intentions of going back to the UK BUT I also say that everyone driver that comes over will find it different to me. Working upto 14 days straight isn’t everyones idea of fun but if you can get on with the comapny and adapt to the way they work you can enjoy it. As for you harping on about log books etc I run 100% legal and people on here who have me ob facebook can prob vouch for that. I never ran bent in the UK to make a living and dont see any reason why I should do it over here.

Again kraut if you had a bad time with them then sorry to hear it didnt work out but as nmcm pointed out myself with others are gettting along well

taf what i did all my life was what “i” wanted to do had been known to do funny shifts oh yes run bent as a butchers hook double bubble on trailers enjoy mate … ps more snow forecast for southwales…

cliffystephens:
taf what i did all my life was what “i” wanted to do had been known to do funny shifts oh yes run bent as a butchers hook double bubble on trailers enjoy mate … ps more snow forecast for southwales…

they can keep it in South Wales to cliffy lol im not due out till sometime tomorrow as truck is in the shop poorly

was you far from pontypool taffy…

bout an hour n a bit lol i lived Ogmore valley