Bad week this week

Hi all,

I have had a bad week this week. I was driving a container truck in Leeds and I was subbing for maritime leeds. It was ok but treated like dirt. Phoning in arrival times and so on. The truck was so old I was told that I can drive. Before doing this job I was driving auto scania Volvo.
Did 11 jobs this week on the Thursday it was the worst day. I loaded a box out of freightliner at 5am and go to drop in Hartlepool. 7am got tipped 11am phone in reload can’t reload as hanging garments container back to leeds. Get notes then container got call get another container. It was wrong container. Go to sherburn. It’s a crap load going to china of recyclables. Container reloaded 4pm straight over m62 then to freightliner Manchester. Empty box out maritime Manchester 40 mins later on m62. Made it back to yard 0745pm. Was nearly a night out and one bad truck an old truck. V635 kkm erf

punctuation and paragraphs would help massively :wink:

but, i wouldn’t call that a bad week, i would call that a busy week, which, considering the time of year, is a bonus :wink:

also, is it the fault of the truck you had to drive that you had been used to piles of scrap before getting the decent ERF? :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

shuttlespanker:
punctuation and paragraphs would help massively :wink:

but, i wouldn’t call that a bad week, i would call that a busy week, which, considering the time of year, is a bonus :wink:

also, is it the fault of the truck you had to drive that you had been used to piles of scrap before getting the decent ERF? :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I can hear your violin twaging away or is it the bungee cords :wink: :wink:

wakey trucker:
Hi all,

I have had a bad week this week. I was driving a container truck in Leeds and I was subbing for maritime leeds. It was ok but treated like dirt. Phoning in arrival times and so on.

I have to phone in arrival and departure times but I don’t consider that to be “treated like dirt”. It’s hardly an ordeal to make a two minute phone call to let them know the job has been completed as per the instructions.

You call that a bad week I pull containers out of Southampton I subbi for a haulier from Glastonbury if I done 7 loads I was doing good

A bad week for me would be getting the truck craned out of a narrow welsh village I managed to get it stuck in… Not making some deliveries and nearly having a night out.

Saaamon:
A bad week for me would be getting the truck craned out of a narrow welsh village I managed to get it stuck in… Not making some deliveries and nearly having a night out.

Just remember this is Wakey Trucker we’re talking about here. :smiley:

Others might be ‘getting up half an hour before they go to bed, and pay P’umbrella company to employ uz’

Saaamon:

Do tell more please and some photos would be nice :laughing: :laughing:

I also saw globby480 and phill berg. I am not saying that the truck was bad to drive. But it was just a manual gearbox. Also at maritime I was treated differently as think it was my skin colour.

I did try my best with doing the job. Some customers were quiet arrogant towards me.

Thanks
Aftab

bald bloke:

Saaamon:

Just remember this is Wakey Trucker we’re talking about here. :smiley:

Indeed, and don’t forget he can do Cyprus and back in a week.

It’s funny how he only posts during the school holidays.

What’s the age of the truck got to do with anything your paid to drive so drive

Saaamon you have got to tell us more we might get sent there so need to no.

Will Oldroyd old v reg erf ec11. I will race all you uk truckers on dempster highway (wood head pass) in uk equivalent.

Try my 53 plate 4 over 4 Scania :laughing: I quite like it but I dont drool after a new truck and I kip in it, I am paid enough to drive it and I do the job as requested, busy days and quiet days = swings and roundabouts if the money is okay chill and go with the flow :wink:

got to put my pennies worth in,its a while since I did containers but don’t you just sit in cab while loading and unloading, then at the rail terminals or ports just get out and undo twistlocks. so the rest of it is just driving ,like everybody else does. so wakytrucker your either very young or just winding us all up :smiley: :smiley: , I don’t want to go to far back because I can lol, but here goes, shrink wrap wasn’t invented, heaters were an extra, windows didn’t even have winders, just pull ups, old army greatcoats for engine covers :cry: :cry: :cry: hang on while I wipe away the tears :smiley: :smiley: everything was handball, :cry: :cry: :cry: but at least the roads were empty and everybody helped each other,loads of transport cafes, so wakytrucker take it from me ( a ponty trucker it wasn’t such a bad week really was it, ) royhebb

OMG- thats luxury, two days stuck on Shap and I had to drink my own engine oil to survive.
My first night out was in a day cab with brown paper for curtains and a cushion over the gearstick. Loved every minute of it if I’m honest.

6 months later they bought me a leyand freighter with a sleeper cab, one of the best rigids I ever had before meeting the wife. :blush:

Dipper_Dave:
OMG- thats luxury, two days stuck on Shap and I had to drink my own engine oil to survive.
My first night out was in a day cab with brown paper for curtains and a cushion over the gearstick. Loved every minute of it if I’m honest.

6 months later they bought me a leyand freighter with a sleeper cab, one of the best rigids I ever had before meeting the wife. :blush:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

blimey drift your posh with the brown paper, we had to use old daily heralds and cellotape, I always remember 1970 when I got my first double zip sleeping bag and a second pillow,i bet wakey driver is blushing now :blush: :blush: , those old corner boards we used from bonnet to door made great beds till somebody opened the door :imp: :imp: and you fell out :smiley: :smiley: ,well now the truck is a real home from home :sunglasses: double glazing - central heating and cooling - cookers - fridges - tv - laptops - satnavs - phones - eddie stobbart films - triple bunks - walk thru cabs - electric windows and sunroofs - what next, lifts into the cab, toilets, have I missed something :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: royhebb ex onward/ owner driver

Roy Dipper Dave had the brown paper, we are really posh, we have blue roll :laughing: :laughing:

I cant wait for summer in my wagon…