Bad weather accidents

seems that a lorry had a mishap on the A642 eastbound nr overton due to the snow i didnt see it as the guy i was with turned around when all the other vehicles were turning and saying what had happened,it closed off the road but i hope the driver is ok and that it wasnt serious… :neutral_face:

Coming up the M1 at 4am this morning, and was nudging the o/s into the middle lane to try and widen the track out, and it got a bit sticky, so I pulled back in. (I was in a Stralis after all.) Morrisons guy behind me did the same, but the guy behind him stayed out a little too long , and promptly decided to do a bit of come dancing with his artic, and ended up jack knifing.

Fortunately he kept it upright, and away from the bank, and I was straight on the phone to the rozzers.

Ken.

Quinny:
Coming up the M1 at 4am this morning, and was nudging the o/s into the middle lane to try and widen the track out, and it got a bit sticky, so I pulled back in. (I was in a Stralis after all.) Morrisons guy behind me did the same, but the guy behind him stayed out a little too long , and promptly decided to do a bit of come dancing with his artic, and ended up jack knifing.

Fortunately he kept it upright, and away from the bank, and I was straight on the phone to the rozzers.

Ken.

I must have passed you going the other way,it was definitely a bit ropey on the southbound side :open_mouth:

Saw a pretty nasty one today on the M1 northbound around corby sort of area IIRC. Must’ve only just happened, saw an artic on the hard shoulder with it’s hazards on and the driver running down to the SOS phone and also a bmw x5 facing the wrong way in the fast lane. Didn’t seem to be anything overly serious until I notice the hole in the crash barrier and saw an artic on it’s side down the bank! No emergency services there yet, hope the guy was ok. Can’t see that it could’ve been down to the weather as the road was fine really.

chris_89:
Saw a pretty nasty one today on the M1 northbound around corby sort of area IIRC. Must’ve only just happened, saw an artic on the hard shoulder with it’s hazards on and the driver running down to the SOS phone and also a bmw x5 facing the wrong way in the fast lane. Didn’t seem to be anything overly serious until I notice the hole in the crash barrier and saw an artic on it’s side down the bank! No emergency services there yet, hope the guy was ok. Can’t see that it could’ve been down to the weather as the road was fine really.

There is a huge hole in the crash barrier between J22 and J23 North on the M1. Not sure what happened but when i was going south about 2pm there was recovery on scene.

Might have been that then mate, I was in a bit of a world of my own to be honest on the way back from northampton so could’ve really been anywhere between there and nottingham :slight_smile: