Bad news on a1 m1 m62 a66 and the rest

A lot of accidents this morning closing a lot of major routes

Here’s another one m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sout … e-20723982

A stobart wagon has jackknifed near the Vosa station at wetherby A1 southbound and a bibby distribution has jackknifed at Selby fork. Take it easy out there!!

Kinda glad I’m in watford! Luks quite bad, a pal of mine who’s gone from doncastor said hed seen countless crashes this am… He slowed down but he said ppl were still flying past him… Ud think after cin all them crashes ppl would slow abit really!

Passed the stobart one heading north to darlington looked pretty bad seen philberg just before that aswell truck looks really nice :wink: then about 5 minutes after seeing the stobart one a car pulling horse box infront of me hit the breaks for no reason and that almost jacknifed. After he straightened up I passed him in middlelane looked at driver he was on his phone

It’s been icy as ■■■■ out there in W and N Yorks this morning. Looked like the ground was just wet but it was actually a coating of ice on everything. The rain right now has cleared most of it, but you couldn’t even stand up straight on the paths and most side roads earlier. The more exposed parts like the motorways, A1, A66 etc will still be around freezing temps and with the rain/ice lashing down it’d be a good idea to reign it in and take it VERY steady. :frowning:

No one takes the advice they are given, matrix warned about ice with a 40 limit, but the muppets just carried on as normal as in flat out, trucks and cars, saw a black BMW 62 plate in the ditch on A1 north bound! No sympathy.

Yesterday was poor around Skipton area and my truck was spinning at every chance it could. Still had trucks over take me on single carriageways - I just don’t get it, why risk it or do they think they are indestructible.

Don’t go anywhere near York…it’s ■■■■■■.

Working last night in yard - around 1am time the fine drizzle came and with it been -3c earlier on in the evening everything had wet/glossy look on the surface.

Glad I didn’t hang around long either and got home as local roads here would be lethal with that sort of weather and coating of thin ice on untreated roads

Yep, weather poor in W Yorks this morn. Freezing rain it was. Soon as it hits it freezes. Shocking driving conditions.

Mind you, I wasn’t working today so considered myself fortunate. All ok now though as it’s warmed up ti normal wet stuff!!!

went down the A1 to kings cross last night from NE, dense freezing fog for much of the way ,coming back the road was a slippy as hell arse end was a twitchy as hell (and mine) Arrived back at the yard at 0600 with icicles on the mirrors and the wipers wouldn’t even move with the ice build up

midlifetrucker:
Yesterday was poor around Skipton area and my truck was spinning at every chance it could. Still had trucks over take me on single carriageways - I just don’t get it, why risk it or do they think they are indestructible.

I agree, idiots, its like they have to prove to everyone that their not scared to sit at 50+ on singles. The load is no good to anyone if its in a ditch and banging it out on the limiter on an icy single is a good way to end up in one. Lucky i work for a decent company and have been told to take it easy when the roads arent good and thats how it should be.

I’ve been below the speed limit all day with idiots swerving out behind me I don’t just mean cars I mean so called pro drivers last thing I want it to be on my side in a ditch take it easy that’s the way and then all the other idiots to contend with :wink:

fozzie:
Passed the stobart one heading north to darlington looked pretty bad seen philberg just before that aswell truck looks really nice :wink: then about 5 minutes after seeing the stobart one a car pulling horse box infront of me hit the breaks for no reason and that almost jacknifed. After he straightened up I passed him in middlelane looked at driver he was on his phone

it did look bad did you see the other stobart curtainsider aswell damaged