Bad News - Frechen Truckstop (Ex - BP Köln)

A mate was there this week and say’s that they had had a rebuild and the restaurant is gone :open_mouth:

All it is now is a glorified “Tankstelle” (fuel point), food is available if you want nuked Schnitzel out of the microwave :imp:

got wrecked there once on Polish firewater…

Slackmack:
nuked Schnitzel out of the microwave :imp:

Nuked microwave Schnitzel or the Maccy D’s next door■■? Tough call but I’ll go with the schnitzel. :wink: :smiley: Actually I won’t I’ll self cater instead. :smiley: :smiley:

It used to be a decent stop years ago but has gone steadily downhill in recent times, the big shopping place across the road has eating places in it so that is probably the best option.

A little bit further down the road about 10 kms is the container station

and next door is a SVG AUTO-HOF I am not sure about parking - fees

but if they do you always get a ticket to use in the restaurant .

worth a try

All along the road beside the SVG stop are pull ins so you can even park without having to pay and can usually still get parked if you arrive late and the truckstop parking is full, mind you most of them have a van with a woman providing ‘comfort’ for weary travellers parked in them so they can sometimes be a little busy. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hey Neil…what do you mean women supplying a comfort stop…i`ve never seen armchairs at a tankstelle… :laughing: :laughing:
regards bob

the guys from ONTIME AUTOMOTIVE are gonna be pleased thats the place we all stopped for the weekend.they will have to park outside 23A now :wink: :wink:

At least it shows that you can vote with your feet still. BP Frechen was always the worst of the bunch and since been taken over several times, greed has finally succumbed.

The EifelTor is 100% better or you can get a good meal in Alfred Talke’s at Hurth.

The ontime lads will be happy in their own muck at the new depot :stuck_out_tongue:

We have an ex muppet, ex ontime bloke just started with us at GBE

neil46:
the guys from ONTIME AUTOMOTIVE are gonna be pleased thats the place we all stopped for the weekend.

I’ve sat with a few of them there and had a beer or three, I feel sorry for the two English girls who worked the hotplate… I wonder what happened to them.

Slackmack:

neil46:
I feel sorry for the two English girls who worked the hotplate… I wonder what happened to them.

Apparently they have both been sacked and leave end December. Jill is moving back to UK and Jane is staying on in Germany. The Poles have bought the place and are moving their own staff in.

Comfort stop■■? Over here, we call them “lot lizards” or “commercial company”.

i’m sorry that this is completely off subject. but i can’t understand that if i walk into a bar and get a girl that i just met to offer something special, i’ve commited no crime. but if she charges a fee then we are both guilty. this has been plagueing me for a while. people are killing each other on the highways at alarming numbers and the cops spend seem to spend more time deterring this type of solicatation than on deterring dangerous driving habits. i don’t think i’ll ever figure it out.

gorgeousload:
i’m sorry that this is completely off subject.

:laughing: cor bleedin hell, is it ever :laughing: :laughing:

I would still park there for a weekend, the showers are good and a 10 minute walk gets you to the tram station and into Koln for 3 euros, Far better than talking Derv all weekend

Got nicked in frechen once…just did all the carnet docs and pulled in there…anyway the belly tank was dripping and some kraut shopped me…had to pay a fine…plus the fire brigade fee for cleaning the thimble full of red that id spilled..then they decided to look at my papers and said i hadnt declared all my diesel in my road tanks..so got a rather large fine..which i said i would pay at the other end..but i sneaked out and lost` my passport…got another in istanbul anyway…but alarm bells rang when i returned and they scanned it and found that the name was the same but the number was different…but they let me go anyway so i never did pay…got grassed another time when i was filling my road tank from the belly tank and someone saw me and called the police…got away with that too…why are they so honest…?

It’s nothing to do with honesty, it’s down right being a bleedin bizzybody thats all. Germans have a bad habit of knowing everything better and probably get a great deal of satisfaction of shopping anyone. :imp: :imp:

I’ve stopped over at Frechen south/east bound half a dozen times. Didn’t meet any other british drivers, nor the two brit girls, nor did I see any OnTime trucks!

Are we talking about the services, or is there a truckstop somewhere around there that I don’t know about?

Btw, I do similar work to OnTime — special cars. Have heard they wouldn’t be in business if they weren’t owned by Bidcorp plc. Have also heard they are taking on the Richard Lawson business. Two organisations that don’t seem to make any money - might be a disaster!

You have to leave the Autobahn at Frechen, the truckstop is next to Burger King/Porta Möbel.

It used to the BP truckstop

Btw, I do similar work to OnTime — special cars. Have heard they wouldn’t be in business if they weren’t owned by Bidcorp plc.

There would be many companies not in business if they werent owned by some financial institution :unamused:

You ought to know that car transport is a very competitive business, and the loss of a contract can close a company very quickly. Where are Toleman, Abbey Hill and many others

Eggs and a basket spring to mind. :exclamation:
at least Ontime have contracts with many manufacturers and test houses.

And they also have the biggest covered fleet in Europe

Wheelnut — competitive business? Tell me about it!

I know OnTime’s multi car transporters are doing the new Mini’s from the Midlands to Southampton at £18 per car.

I also know that Enable (covered division of of AutoLogic/Walons) are doing Subaru’s anywhere in the country for about £70 per car.

Why are all the big firms more obsessed with market share than profit?