Bad News about John

just spoke to mam John’s appeal failed again

reason to many no in phone

I know I`ve already posted on the other site, but I just want to add my message to this site. I do think what Pat suggested is a very good idea, as it will show John the amount of support he has from all of us
Best Wishes
Trevor

Why does that not surprise me - It must be a very hard time for your family and John himself - I was keeping my fingers crossed for you all - but against the French ( and English) government, what chance do you stand. If his name was Bush then maybe the government would be throwing all kinds of money his way - unfortunatley though they seem more concerned wth looking after every other country than their own people.

:cry: :frowning:

:cry: Sorry to learn about John. What an excuse, “too many phone numbers in his mobile memory”, Just as well they havent got mine to look at, its full of numbers, a lot belong to wives of men held abroad by the french etc.
There was another driver held 8th Nov. in France, been to Spain for ceramics again, got work thro forwarders J.E.G of wakefield I have been told. Investigations ongoing. Another family devastated.
Again a sorry to Johns family for the disappointment.
Danneke. Driver and Families Help Line[/b]

Sorry to hear about John. Weird reason isn’t it :question: Too many numbers on the mobile :question: Aren’t truckdrivers allowed mates then :question: I know, I know, its all been said already :exclamation:

When I read this I thought it was no, not no as in the shortened version of number.

Apologies

1 driver was convicted as the judges dog thought he was guilty

sorry but i cant tell you his name

When we saw John last week he looked surprisingly fit and well but was down a bit when we told him his appeal had failed, (they tell him nothing). The reason, Too many numbers (69) in his mobile phone memory.
Other drivers experiences.

Driver 1, in Court for normal 4 monthly remand hearing,
Judge turning to his dog (in Court with him!!!) “My dog says your guilty 4 months remand”

Driver 2, in Court, Remand hearing, “We know your not guilty 4 months remand”

Driver 3, insuficient money to pay for TV AND Fridge rental, needs fridge to keep food in away from cockroaches,mice etc, so they consficate fridge not TV

We can send John a 5kg Chistmas Parcel, if ONE item is unacceptable the WHOLE parcel may be consficated

about your parcels for christmas, why not try sending via the British Consulate, they helped me in the past when I sent to my partner, the consulate usually do a christmas visit to the British prisoners in every country, just to take a christmas card. You should know what the prisoner can receive in advance, other families in similar circumstances are getting told now what can and can not be sent in to the lads.
I understand T. O,Conner has had his appeal and he was given an extra year added to the original sentence. This is the usual in France and has been for some years now, (at least 10yrs). I know it is hard if one is innocent, but will we ever beat the french??
I hope John Vasey gets his court hearing date soon so at least the family will know what to fight for next.