Bad Friday :(

I have had some sort of really bad stomach bug most of the week, on top of that we had a good driver quit and others delayed which means team leader Hasler here had to do a bit extra. I left home at 8.00am monday and felt like crap but carried on regardless. I was to drop and hook but because our rsident Polish nutter messed up by taking a heavy corn trailer in the wash and holding everyone up by 2 hours my tanker was empty and I had to get it loaded. I left NYC 3 hours late for Bordentown and when I got there 2 hours later the same Polish fool was unloading 2 hours late and so making things very difficult for me. I just made it back to NYC. My illness seemed to pass on Tuesday and on return from Hanover PA I ordered a Chinese delivery to my truck. Weds I get a bad tyre and sit for 5 hours in the TA in Bloomsbury NJ before delivering Bethlehem PA 4 hours late. Thursday I delivered Topps in Scranton PA, returned to NYC and fell really ill again, had to get up at 03.30 and spent an hour running back and forth to the portaloo. Have you ever noticed they don’t give you enough room to stand up, take your coat off and hang on the door ? you are bent back over the open poop hole trying hard not to drop your phone and other items in the crap. Eventually set out for a 13.00 delivery to Ben & Jerrys and hopefully home by 16.00 for the weekend. I had to stop twice for the loo and got some Pepto Bismil which is like eating Germoline, that seemed to stop the trots. On arrival at St Albans I get the ‘Sorry Pat, the tanks are full, come back about 9.00pm tonight’ line :angry:
I had to go to the truck stop and book 10 hours off, now 10 hours off in any rotten truck stop in VT is bad but at least I had the company of one of our fellowr Foodliner drivers who was stuck there too. I eventually got home in the middle of an ice storm at 02.00am Saturday.