Bad Day

O well, after agency gettin me a week on the bins, had to stop today, cos have put my back out :frowning: was having a few probs with it before this, but the Bin Wagon has no suspension to speak of, everytime you go over a bump in the road, you leave your seat, after 3 days feels like my back has been pile-driven, can hardly move now, agency not happy at all that i had to stop, but i was going to end up a ■■■■■■■ if i didnt :frowning:

Then, to cap it all, yesterday, I must be the first person on here who has crashed into a BOAT! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :frowning: I had to turn into a small boatyard at the end of a narrow country lane, very tight turn in to it, there was a boat right by the entrance, just to my right, i was taking care not to hit it, but didnt think to look UP :frowning: :frowning: The boom on the boat was lying flat, stretching out above trhe cab, and i clonked it, not goin more than 5 miles an hour, but it stuck on top of cab, and when i backed up, it bent it :frowning: Feel really despondent about it now, not only did I have to go off the job for the last 2 days cos of back injury, but I couldnt even go out on a good note :frowning:

A valuable lesson to look UP as well as left to right and behind, i guess!

Cheers

Steve

thats a new one on me…hitting a boat :laughing: , its usually street furniture getting hit. Dont get too down about it mate, everyone makes mistakes once in a while, at least your big enough to admit it.
For your back…try to rest it up a bit & i have to admit them bin trucks dont have come down with a wallop when you take off over them speed humps :laughing:
Dont bother about the agency, get yourself right & then give them a ring, there is more than 1 driving agency around here if they start been funny with ya.
Keep your pecker up big lad

Daz

At least you did’nt hit the boat following the little blue road your sat nav told you to :confused: :wink: :laughing:

Hope the back soon recovers, take it easy.

Well thx for the encouragement Darren, was starting to get a bit despondent to be honest :frowning: so annoyed with maself really,. i guess. CM, no usually just ignore the satnav, its got less idea than me :slight_smile: but i must be 1 of the few ppl to actually damage a boat on dry land :unamused:

O well, gotta keep at it, cheers all

Steve

Should have a height restriction down there. Sue them for the injuries to your back.

Its gods way of telling you to stay away from bin wagons. :laughing:

Steve we are not perfect and accidents happen

to us all,and as long as we learn from this

then good, as for the swing seat, that type

of seat has done drivers backs in ;that is

why the air suspension seat was thought

of, take care and as Harry said stay away from

bin wagons, and when you fit get back out

there and carry on,as for the sat nav ,as ROBK

would say get a decent ROAD ATLAS;

ALL THE BEST;

Advice that RobK should follow himself

the junction numbers aren’t marked in my Trucker’s atlas

My 6yr old one is in about 13 pieces now and badly needs replacing

:smiling_imp:

harry:
Its gods way of telling you to stay away from bin wagons. :laughing:

Hehehe yep! I wont be going near another Bin Wagon for some time :wink: 8 Wheels, had to go in to the council yesterday to fill out a form, think they are worried in case i do try to claim for some sort of work-related injury :wink:

Steve

8wheels:
Should have a height restriction down there. Sue them for the injuries to your back.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

brit pete:
as for the sat nav ,as ROBK

would say get a decent ROAD ATLAS;

ALL THE BEST;

Nah, dont misunderstand me Pete, I was SUPPOSED to be in the boatyard hehe it was part of the bin round :open_mouth: :slight_smile:)

yeah but was the boat in the bin :wink:

how u doin Steve…when u back with Bigbob?

yeah but was the boat in the bin

Not till he put it there.

8wheels:

yeah but was the boat in the bin

Not till he put it there.

:laughing:

Well at least the bin business is booming :blush: :smiley: :smiley:

Sorry to hear about your probs hope the back gets better soon and don’t worry about the accident, they do happen!.

Dont worry about the mistake, nobodies perfect. If you’ve read my posts about my first weeks driving artics you’ll find out your not alone!!! Just learn from them & move on. Hope your feeling better soon

Ah well, thx guys, if nothing else you have all given me a chuckle :slight_smile:

Darren, will be next saturday before im out in the Big Truck with Big Bob lol

Cheers all

Steve