Bad Day Out for ADR Tanker Driver

Heard this on radio and saw this on the Evening Standard website.

Someone must’ve ate his Weetabix (other breakfasts are available), had his head on straight and kept it on this morning to have prevented this getting out of control before the Hertfordshire and London Fire Brigades got there to help.

Take it he pulled the lines and got as far as he could from the trailer, can’t see from the picture though. Braver man than me that’s for sure!

If he didn’t (as I don’t belong to CSI Trucknet yet :frowning: ) then everyone must’ve been on a heightened state trying to get to the area or away from it if not involved in the situational problem solving! :laughing:

Still, the photo proves a point to me, the general public definitely feel protected when standing behind a smart phone taking photos of incidents and don’t see risks anymore…the irony :unamused:

C

I saw the outfit being dragged on the back of a wrecker heading clockwise near the a12 exit earlier, with the unit wrapped in a tarpaulin. Didn’t know what had happened though, thought it might have been a fatality, glad I was wrong :slight_smile:

It was the unit that caught fire and word on the street is ( I asked a BP driver at Vopac ) , the unit only left the workshop that morning after being VOR’ed

One fitter with brown pants if that’s correct :blush:

I don’t think Harry Cottam drives on the 25 much as he seems to think that 45 mins is a long time :laughing:

Wagman:
It was the unit that caught fire and word on the street is ( I asked a BP driver at Vopac ) , the unit only left the workshop that morning after being VOR’ed

And a driver with charred black ones!

Wagman:

Hahahaha and the charred ones too! :laughing:

I saw a hand held phone video of it on a news website, being recorded by a numpty car driver, whilst driving a speed I should add!

Someone wasn’t thinking of the children were they!

Oh and the unit was still connected and was burning like a good un! :open_mouth:

C

Wagman:

why is that ,could be a totally unrelated fault as to what it was VOR for ,or are we just guessing :laughing:

d4c24a:

Wagman:

why is that ,could be a totally unrelated fault as to what it was VOR for ,or are we just guessing :laughing:

You know why, CSI Trucknet has just come on shift! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

C

Wagman:

You’ll not find quicker than a brown-panted fitter!

Constantine:

d4c24a:

Wagman:

You know why, CSI Trucknet has just come on shift! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

C

Sure, it could be the cig lighter is missing, or the air seat won’t pump up. :smiley:
Chances are, whoever put it off the road said “This vehicle might catch fire if driven in this state”. If that is indeed the case, the fitter will be expecting their P45 coming their way as soon as… :smiling_imp:

Winseer:
Chances are, whoever put it off the road said “This vehicle might catch fire if driven in this state”. If that is indeed the case, the fitter will be expecting their P45 coming their way as soon as… :smiling_imp:

If that turns out to be the case, someone’s H&S statistics are going to fly right out of the window in one easy hit! All in the pursuit for nothing :laughing:

C