Bad day for this trailer!

It overturned on the A47 near Wisbech this morning:

De1L8FAXUAACsua.jpg

Then it fell off the recovery vehicle in Wisbech town centre this afternoon:

:laughing: It’s like trying to get a drunken friend home :laughing:

Drivers just given his boss a new rear steer trailer.

Any idea why it went over in the first place?

good_friend:
Any idea why it went over in the first place?

Fly tipping?

I’m no collision investigator by my guess is looking at the island in the bottom right of the photo he has jame come off a roundabout & was going a bit to fast for the bend being top heavy

I have a BF wagon parked next to me

Curious to see if the rear axle hanger had broken away from the chassis & was that the cause of the accident…

According to the Eastern Daily Press it took eight hours to recover the vehicle and it’s load. I’m sure if it had been carrying scrap metal the local traveller community, that live on that road, would have done the job in ten minutes.

I’m Interested in how it’s on one side in one pic with a busted axil, then in the other pic it on its other side without a busted axil

Axle appears to be strapped up in 2nd pic

I wonder if the Recovery driver will get done for insecure load?

Wouldnt be surprised if the dodgy rear axle caused it to do something odd while on tow and threw it sideways.

Last time i was towed (only a rigid) it didnt seem that well secured to the tow truck. Just essentially sitting on the bar on the back of the tow truck so if brakes had locked for example it’d have jumped straight off.

TheNewBoy:
I’m no collision investigator by my guess is looking at the island in the bottom right of the photo he has jame come off a roundabout & was going a bit to fast for the bend being top heavy

I have a BF wagon parked next to me

will agree with that,left hook bend and he overturned on his right,points to him going a bit over the speed limit he should have gone around in,ie SLOW

syramax:
Axle appears to be strapped up in 2nd pic

My take on the strap was that it’s holding the doors shut, and the tail end it thrown over the chassis prior to it being lifted