Bad accident tonight

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/8580854.stm

Bad news,still closed this morning,condolancies to the families of the drivers.

Closed until wednesday morning, news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/8582284.stm

condolancies to the family, at least the truck stayed on the bridge.

That is a long, long way down from that bridge. Condolences to the families.

I know this section of road fairly well and it is lethal IMO. The road is nearly wide enough for two cars in each lane across the bridge but not a car and a wagon. You see some suicidal moves there, usually (although not always) from car drivers trying to pass about four cars and two trucks all in one go.

I know of the driver of the double-decker cattle truck who was killed. Wife and two kids and from the Cardigan west Wales area. Very sad.

A friend of mine knows one of the blokes killed. He’s devastated. Condolences to all involved.

Not passing judgement but the photo on the front of the local paper shows the scene.

The cattle wagon is on its side, slightly hanging over the guardrail but on the correct side of the road.

The tanker was travelling in the opposite direction to the livestock truck and is facing the correct way, completely on its own side of the road with the trailer at a slight angle to the unit.

The Mercedes appears to have rammed into the tanker and is therefore on the wrong side of the road.

Whats so odd is that the livestock wagon and the tanker/car are quite a distance apart, almost like two separate incidents. Terrible smash, I believe the road is still closed.

Road is now open again. It’s time the Highway Agency did something about these wide single lane trunk roads,as hammer says it’s a lethal stretch of road,also prone to crosswinds on that viaduct.
Just because those type of roads are wide,half the idiots treat them like a dual carridgeway.

I know it sounds like a cop out, but the road has nothing to do with us. We don’t operate in Wales, that’s down to Traffic Wales.

The Highway Man:
I know it sounds like a cop out, but the road has nothing to do with us. We don’t operate in Wales, that’s down to Traffic Wales.

That stretch of road is in England ( Shropshire ),not having a go at anyone,it was a tragic accident,but I think that type of road is lethal,something has to be done to stop these idiots overtaking just because the road is wide. I’m not refering to this accident,just making the point in general.

Victims named

My apologies, I assumed it was wales as the news report says it happened near wrexham.

The Highway Man:
My apologies, I assumed it was wales as the news report says it happened near wrexham.

Right on the border,but just in Shropshire,it’ was handled by West Mercia Police. Wrexham is only a short distance from the English Border.
Cheers Dave.

Thanks for the clarification.