Bacon!

It’s the only thing that has let me down over here is the lack of a decent fry up but mrs trucker gets here next week so will have to send her off the shops lol found a place on the westside that does uk style bacon n sausages n hienz bake beans but ■■■■ expensive so gotta take a look around

taffytrucker:
It’s the only thing that has let me down over here is the lack of a decent fry up but mrs trucker gets here next week so will have to send her off the shops lol found a place on the westside that does uk style bacon n sausages n hienz bake beans but ■■■■ expensive so gotta take a look around

There is a couple of places in Calgary that sell lots of Brit stuff, Also the Walmart near to our house (22x ) has started to sell a lot of stuff . Then the other half found a place in Ont that you can order on the web and even with postage it cheap she says

Not going all the way to calgary for bacon lol

taffytrucker:

Wife says Super store do Wiltshire bacon and she says its nice , if you need anything British give me a shout and I,ll get the website

Taffy the Wooden Shoe (corner of scenic drive and 3 av south) in Lethbridge have british bacon, sausages, black pudding and pies etc in the freezer. don’t know if it’s any good or if it’s expensive or not. As I’m not british I would rather starve then eat that stuff.

crunchygear:
Taffy the Wooden Shoe (corner of scenic drive and 3 av south) in Lethbridge have british bacon, sausages, black pudding and pies etc in the freezer. don’t know if it’s any good or if it’s expensive or not. As I’m not british I would rather starve then eat that stuff.

Isn’t there a place up on 36 Ave north to by the cafe just after the rugby club heading north

taffytrucker:

crunchygear:

Isn’t there a place up on 36 Ave north to by the cafe just after the rugby club heading north

I don’t know

crunchygear:

You could always make it Canadian by covering it in plastic cheese :laughing:

newmercman:

crunchygear:

You could always make it Canadian by covering it in plastic cheese :laughing:

wash your mouth out driver :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Boatchaser:

taffytrucker:

Wife says Super store do Wiltshire bacon and she says its nice , if you need anything British give me a shout and I,ll get the website

Had some Wiltshire today , proper English with tomatoes beans etc , very good indeed . Not a drop of maple syrup in sight . :smiley:

The other thing that gets me is why oh why do they keep sauces in the fridge, my Wife does it and I have to keep taking it out again, and calling HP Sauce, ‘Steak Sauce’

That gets right on my ■■■■, who puts cold sauce over a hot meal ffs :unamused:

Except hot apple pie, that needs ice cream :sunglasses:

Not just sauces ! My Missus insists on putting opened jars of blackcurrant jam in the fridge too, so it gets hard and does off much faster, I try telling her 'It’s a preservative so it’s preserved FFS. Blackcurrant jam is hard to get around here and is very expensive when we find it, I have had to throw a few half full jars away in the past few years.

I always keep jam in the fridge, otherwise it ferments surely?

It says on my jam jars once open keep refrigerated. Surely once you open it it stops the preserving process.

Hi all, another ex pat here, been in the US 6 yrs and to all of you missing certain products, here is 2 that I use most frequently
#1…Britsh food supplies…based in MA
#2…The English pork pie company…based in Buffalo, NY
Hope this helps you all and happy eating
ray

Found some Wiltshire bacon in canadian super store so gonna give that a go in the morning. Looks pucker

taffytrucker:
Found some Wiltshire bacon in canadian super store so gonna give that a go in the morning. Looks pucker

Thats what we buy mate its spot on :smiley:

russjp:

taffytrucker:

Thats what we buy mate its spot on :smiley:

All I can say is getting close to getting it right but even the hienz beans in tomatoe sauce not quite right but close

All I can say is getting close to getting it right but even the hienz beans in tomatoe sauce not quite right but close.

Yep very close. If you put the I on the other side of the E it would actually say heinz and it would be spot on…:laughing::lol::lol: