Backline Tesco contract Avonmouth

Hi All,

Anyone on here work out of the Avonmouth depot for backline?

Had a chat with them today and it seems ok, 10 week rota 45 hrs guaranteed. What she was a bit vague about was if they paid holiday pay.

does anyone on here know.

Cheers

Pm sent

Need your head examining to have anything to do with tesco…

Pimpdaddy:
Need your head examining to have anything to do with tesco…

Really,the tesco bashing is getting old now

Dont know about Avonmouth but the Exeter depot is a complete bag of nuts , [imho] dont believe their hype , Poor rates and always giving you ,were in the … can you do us a big favor line, but is never recipricated.
I am currently working on one contract where the agency i work for is paying a full £2.50 per hour more than my backline counterpart is earning.
Pure greed in my view.

They seem to constantly advertise for 10 -15 drivers for various contracts earning £9.50-£13.50 per hour delivering for tesco and fowler wlech that never seem to get filled .
Draw your own conclusions.

Tesco have eroded the conditions & costs of drivers & hauliers (with the exception of Eddie who only wants a £1 per week off them per truck) solidly for the past 5 years during the recession, they may be surprised that now the up stroke is beginning that no one with a memory wants to drive their wagons or pull their trailers any more.

localboy:
Hi All,

Had a chat with them today and it seems ok, 10 week rota 45 hrs guaranteed. What she was a bit vague about was if they paid holiday pay.

Cheers

Lots of hours, most of their drivers seem to stick around the work is easy, the ones I speak to seem happy enough, don’t listen to those who have only negative views I’m happy there and wouldn’t think of leaving.

Until after Christmas…

Tesco were one of the first who cut the 8 hour guarantee from the agency drivers

By all means get a full time job with them but don’t count your chickens if you’re agency.

All I know of Backline is the two girls Jemma and her sister who run the office around here are very attractive :slight_smile:

nearly there:
Really,the tesco bashing is getting old now

Yeah but…

Silver_Surfer:
Until after Christmas…

Tesco were one of the first who cut the 8 hour guarantee from the agency drivers

By all means get a full time job with them but don’t count your chickens if you’re agency.

Backline aren’t an agency at least not at Avonmouth, to my knowledge they are employed solely to drive Tesco vehicles on a full time basis either out of Avonmouth or their own depot near Exeter.

mike68:

localboy:
Hi All,

Cheers

Lots of hours, most of their drivers seem to stick around the work is easy, the ones I speak to seem happy enough, don’t listen to those who have only negative views I’m happy there and wouldn’t think of leaving.

You are not a Backline driver, so if you leave or not has no bearing what so ever on what the OP is asking.

Wayne:

mike68:

localboy:
Hi All,

Cheers

You are not a Backline driver, so if you leave or not has no bearing what so ever on what the OP is asking.

No it does have a bearing,aside from the O.P which I can’t answer I’m giving a fellow driver information on which he can make his own decision.

Wayne:

mike68:

localboy:
Hi All,

Cheers

No it does have a bearing,aside from the O.P which I can’t answer I’m giving a fellow driver information on which he can make his own decision.

when I first started I use to drive for backline out of there Exeter depot, as someone else said they are a bit more than an agency certainly in Exeter as they have their own yard which they run trucks out of on behalf of Tesco’s ect when I started it was woolworths, they use to be good don’t know about them now though :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Bit like TRG then.