Backache and A roads

quite a few drivers I meet allways tell me how driving has given them bad backs,i have the same problem,driving along the A346 from J15 M4 and onto the A338 towards marlborough I have never known a road like it,even though you have air suspended seats in modern vehicles by bloody back took a right pounding today,i sat right into the seat but it made no difference my back was bounced left/right up/down,every way you could think of because of said A roads,i now have back pain sitting here writing this post,god knows how they managed in the 50s/60s and possibly the 70s without all the mod cons we have in trucks today,these councils need to do something but as allways nothing will be done

If your a fat git like me you don’t move in the seat :laughing: :laughing:

Dunno about back ache but I have ar5e ache from sitting in the iveco stralis , Jesus ! I’ve never sat in Seat like it apart from school days in those wooden things .

Victa1:
Dunno about back ache but I have ar5e ache from sitting in the iveco stralis , Jesus ! I’ve never sat in Seat like it apart from school days in those wooden things .

know what you mean,im not a fan of stralis either,they still feel cheap and nasty when you sit in them

nick2008:
If your a fat git like me you don’t move in the seat :laughing: :laughing:

I am overweight but apparently carry it well,according to people who commented on it, lol

Only rig driven that caused problems was Volvo’s F88,too short a chassis and the isringhausen seat was crap.todays rigs pure luxury.

Know what you mean mate - half of our XFs have tired, dying seats that afford little in the way of real comfort. On the mercifully rare occasions that i’m given local runs, some of the Norfolk back roads even have my eyeballs rattling around in my skull and I can feel a headache coming on as a consequence.

When you consider the revenue squeezed out of the majority of road users, it’s nothing short of scandalous.

I suffer from bad back (work related) and have recently i have been going for sports massage to eleviate the problem. One of biggest causes of bad backs is been sat down cause its not a natural position were designed to ever be in. Try keeping your legs alligned, normally (mine personally) tend to lean to either side once im driving, also when you stop try doing a little stretch, try touching ure toes while standing up rite. Mine slowly getting better due to now sitting and standing correctly ( as simple as that) think bad back is a real occupational hazard, hope yours gets better

Easiest way to avoid backache is a properly adjusted seat and avoiding slouching.

google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc … sK208MB-nQ

switchlogic:
Easiest way to avoid backache is a properly adjusted seat and avoiding slouching.

truckman020:
quite a few drivers I meet allways tell me how driving has given them bad backs,i have the same problem,driving along the A346 from J15 M4 and onto the A338 towards marlborough I have never known a road like it,even though you have air suspended seats in modern vehicles by bloody back took a right pounding today,i sat right into the seat but it made no difference my back was bounced left/right up/down,every way you could think of because of said A roads,i now have back pain sitting here writing this post,god knows how they managed in the 50s/60s and possibly the 70s without all the mod cons we have in trucks today,these councils need to do something but as allways nothing will be done

Ever thought about slowing down?

beauselecta:
I suffer from bad back (work related) and have recently i have been going for sports massage to eleviate the problem. One of biggest causes of bad backs is been sat down cause its not a natural position were designed to ever be in. Try keeping your legs alligned, normally (mine personally) tend to lean to either side once im driving, also when you stop try doing a little stretch, try touching ure toes while standing up rite. Mine slowly getting better due to now sitting and standing correctly ( as simple as that) think bad back is a real occupational hazard, hope yours gets better

cheers chap

albion1971:

truckman020:

would not make any difference,

Muckaway:
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=7&ved=0CC4QtwIwBg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fm.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DhYwAoB246-c&ei=K31GVebcHszgapCDgSg&usg=AFQjCNEw97kEOOA1OO-3SXE-sK208MB-nQ

switchlogic:

interesting ,cheers muckaway

truckman020:

albion1971:

truckman020:

would not make any difference,

Traversed many an A road.
Before i passed my Hgv,my work involved driving a Leyland (thrupenny bit Fg)
I have driven anything from a Tk,to my latest lorry . . an Antos :blush: I cant seem too get the seating position right in it
Looking back,the Fg was more comfortable but i was younger then and in real terms,on more £
Perhaps its an age thing?