Back to work

Well after 3 months of having no work I now have 4 jobs!
Most of the companies I have offered to do some casual work for have ALL booked me next week.

Tomorrow I’m taking a rugby team for an away match.

Sunday I’ve got a day of rail replacement work from Exeter to Plymouth.

Monday meeting with a guy who has loads of casual work, he wants to see me.

After 2 years away I’m also back working for my old, old, old boss doing stuff I loved doing and was stupid to leave.

This time last week I was scraping the barrel trying to find enough to pay the mortgage.
Just goes to show, be flexible and something will happen.
Best of luck to all the guys and galls out there looking for work, something will come along soon.

Well that’s good news but does sound like maybe your selling yourself a bit cheap.
If self employed would suggest a tenner an hour is a minimum.

Sounds like things are on the up for you best of luck!

Driveroneuk:
Well that’s good news but does sound like maybe your selling yourself a bit cheap.
If self employed would suggest a tenner an hour is a minimum.

Yes that’s my rate, easy job tomorrow. 2 hour drive, sit around for 4-5 hours reading truck ‘n’ driver and trucking, 2 hour drive back with a pub dinner on the way. Rugby lads so should get a tip, lovely.

Mullens:
Sounds like things are on the up for you best of luck!

Thanks, I was crossing my fingers waiting for the mortgage payment to go out.

Might be worth finding someone you know and trust with a HGV licence and giving them a bit of work and creaming £1-£2/hr off it.

For anyone doing the agency or self employed bit you really need to think about earning enough money from March 31st to December 31st to see you through the first 3 months of a new year when things go quiet.

44 Tonne Ton:
For anyone doing the agency or self employed bit you really need to think about earning enough money from March 31st to December 31st to see you through the first 3 months of a new year when things go quiet.

But when you count the Average Earning then you better off in a Office or warehouse :wink:

Immigrant:

44 Tonne Ton:

But when you count the Average Earning then you better off in a Office or warehouse :wink:

If you earn the same as them in 9 months that takes them 12 months to earn how are they better off?

@Conor it’s coach driving and very casual terms, not much chance of subbing out work. I’m only a name on a list but I think I’ll be able to stay at the top if can be flexible.