Back to work.......

Well after my nice long Christmas break i started back last Monday.I never got my mileage bonus so i have now joined the " its all a fiddle and only the blue eyes will get it brigade" , back to using the power button all the time :smiley:
My first night back seen me overnighting near Daventry , the temp was minus 5. The night heater in the Merc doesn’t seem as fierce as in say a DAF/Volvo or whatever, maybe its just newer heaters are like this but the heat out put seems to be quieter and slower. Still very warm though. I went for a few pints and got chatting to the Landlord. Now i already know that you should never discuss polotics or Religion when having a drink but i have now added driving to the list too. He tells me about a lorry gone over near the M6/M1 junction earlier that morning, and then tells me…i was going up the M1 in the outside lane doing about 90mph and lane two and three where covered in light snow/frost as i veered over to get off onto the M6 the car started to veer about with no traction. Luckily a guy in lane two seen this and moved over for him. He thought he was gonna be a gonner !! What part of his brain thinks he can do 90 on frost/snow is beyond me. But he told me it like he was doing nothing wrong. I can imagine the headlines if he would of come a cropper and killed himself…Daventry father of three killed at dangerous junction which had not been gritted.
Seems better than…■■■■■■■■ kills himself speeding.
I never stopped all week, lots of overtime. Mind you i do get paid for my overtime. The drivers at Wincantons have just had a major contract change, so instead of getting their overtime which is paid at time and a half every three months, they now get flat rate paid every twelve months. Yep, they have to wait a year for it. That starts April this year. The contract change was kindly negotiated by the GMB at the Gloucster depot. I’d recommend everyone to join a union, GMB are so good they never asked anyone about it and the first many knew was when they where given notice of a contract change by the company!!
On my travels i seen this, any guesses what it is? I never seen one before

Pretty cool hey? Well i liked it anyway.
Tilbuty Docks, are they all ex Ghurkas on the security there? I can’t believe some of the junk that gets shipped out to Africa from there…

And old truck cabs and tyres

Had a night at the Stockyard last Tuesday too. Karoke night !! Brilliant, although i’m not so sure i like it for the same reasons as the participants of the Karoke :smiley: And if women with the lithe figure of a twenty year old with your nans head on the top is your thing then its a great place. Carvery is as good as you get anywhere too, excellent. £9 to park and £1.50 off your meal.
I actually got lost going there, which in itself wouldn’t be so bad but there was four of us running together and i was leading the way. Now its not like i havn’t been there before many times, so when i pumped it into my satnav and followed the POI it took me to a small close on the estate, and even though i thought it was wrong i still followed it :blush: And to boot, the other three, who have all been there before as well still followed me !! Four of us turning round in a small company car park like a bunch of numpties :smiley:
Running back into the yard on Friday, and looking back i thought people had been whispering behind my back, gets there and no ones there :open_mouth:

I found them though, in a nice new yard in the dock

I was pondering on what to spend my overtime money on, but seeing as i’ve been laid off one day this week due to no work i think i’ll start saving it up just incase.
Anyway, hows everyone else doing? :smiley: