Back to normal for some of you

express.co.uk/life-style/ca … s-february

So…those of you who were daft enough to subscribe to this scheme of relaxing hours limits, and who were willing to work even more hours than the ridiculous amount you are already allowed to :unamused: …, best watch out.
Because suddenly the hours relaxation that was overnight suddenlly deemed safe and conducive to road safety, will overnight once more become equally as suddenly unsafe and derogatory to road safety…so beware. :unamused:
Who are these ■■■■ clowns who come up with these ideas.

You could not make it up eh? :unamused: :laughing:
I wonder when they will get around to reducing the present limits.

I’m not an O/D so I’ve totally ignored any hours relaxation, and my stock answer to any office bound weasel who utters the immortal words “but you can do 15 hours” is “so can you, in fact you can do 24 because you’re not monitored, but you won’t will you? Nope, you’re on your toes the minute your shift ends”.

I moan like ■■■■ at work if they make me work a 9 hour shift. :wink:

I am old enough to remember the days when the tanker company on Teesside that I use to drive for had all hours rules “relaxed” due to an oil tanker(ship)running aground down south west somewhere.Torrey Canyon? some of my idiot workmates there would do as near 24 hrs.daily as they could.Clearly some things haven’t changed.

relaxed hours my ■■■ s hit like this makes me boil dvla/dvsa pick and choose when and how they want

if there so concerned about driver safety give us more parking facility’s not some crappy layby, delete the smart motorway and ASAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

the maoster:
Nope, you’re on your toes the minute your shift ends”.

That’s not true. Try handing in your keys 15 mins before the end of their shift you won’t find anyone where they’re supposed to be. All bunched up around the clock counting the seconds waiting to punch out. 6:01 in the morning (after night shift is done) the endless stream of cars out of the parking begins :slight_smile:

the maoster:
I’m not an O/D so I’ve totally ignored any hours relaxation, and my stock answer to any office bound weasel who utters the immortal words “but you can do 15 hours” is “so can you, in fact you can do 24 because you’re not monitored, but you won’t will you? Nope, you’re on your toes the minute your shift ends”.

I’ve heard that they have designed a camera with a shutter speed so fast it will actually take a shot of a planner at shift end between the building and the car.

I used it & would use it again , if I’m 1/2 hr from the yard I’d use it to get home rather than a night out & run in the next morning , though I do understand 99.9 % on here think they’ve hit the jackpot with a night out & 15 hrs the next day
But to me it’s common sense ( sadly lacking in most on here ) to use any regulation changes etc to your own benefit

Socketset:
I’ve heard that they have designed a camera with a shutter speed so fast it will actually take a shot of a planner at shift end between the building and the car.

I’ve heard some preposterous claims in my life but that takes the biscuit.