Back to my old job

Hey!

Money isn’t everything!!

I left my class II job shortly after passing my class I because there was no answer as to when I could get on them. I heard of a company that has flat bed wagon drags and does a lot of manual labour but paid very very well. Great! I though, massive money and driving with a trailer. Well I lasted less than two weeks. I had issues wether certain woring practices were legal or not. Called my old boss on tuesday, called me back on wednesday and I’m starting my very first proper class I job. Distance Tramping :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: It’s what I always wanted to do but with my old company is doesn’t pay well but they’re very very good at new driver induction etc etc. They really make sure you get the best start. I’m so excited lol. Took me for an assessment drive today which I aced. As for the reversing there was plenty good advice and I managed to do some tight screwing round into single bays with trailers on both sides etc etc.

I’m not saying who the other employer was because I wouldn’t wish that company on my worst enemy.

Steve-o:
I’m not saying who the other employer was because I wouldn’t wish that company on my worst enemy.

so they can a surprise for themselves then :confused: :confused: :confused:

who is the company you are going back to. :question: :question: :question:

Flat bed wag & drag? Manual labour? Crap working conditions? Sounds an awful lot like CHEP to me. Ive seen them around at various sites and i could not be arsed at all with that job i think, way too much strapping etc. Distance tramping steve-o…now yer talking!!! Enjoy the new job, Paul.

i think they have a base in pontefract 3 mile away from where i live its only a bus journey and a little walk but thats where the base is n i heard they r pretty good company but can be pretty tough if u try to screw them over

A friend and member on here had a similar story to you, left a 7.5t job for his first class 1 on wagon and drag, was working for a pallet company collecting/delivering the blues to and from RDCs etc, was a joke, hours, pay, labour, being treated like crap by the company and the RDCs. Jacked it in and went back to his 7.5t job. Palletts are heavy and awkward to lift, I wouldn’t fancy lugging them around all day, only a matter of time before you bugger your back.