Back over the water

:smiley: :smiley: Hello to all, After a lot of years I am going back over the water and wonder if any members can give me updated advice especially with regard to France and Belgium. The kind of thing I;m interested in are the latest “nicking” items that the gendarmes are hot on right now. What has changed over the last 6 years. Any advice would be gratefully received. Once upon a time I considered myself an expert but am so aware how things change. Other items of interest are links to French holidays and driving bans . Thank-you in advance…stay safe…Regards DAN :smiley: :smiley: Oh as a second thought, with Paris as a regular destination whats the best national route to take these days with regard to weight limits and fairly decent roads, I am guessing that my route would need to take me east of Paris towards the south… through the tunnels… I am aware that when I was over there about 6 years ago the French were moving to get HGV;s off the nationals and D roads. Any Advice?

Hi daneinter,

I’ve no idea whether you’ve read them, but there’s some good info that you can read in the stickies at the top of the forum whilst you wait for some answers.

I hope that helps. :smiley: