Back in the real world

My eldest lad used to work out of Saxham, it was him who got me interested in applying to RL, his wife told me not to bother cos I wouldn’t last a month so I did just to prove her wrong, and when I left it was only cos MY wife wanted me working nearer home. If you are away for a week or more how the hell can it matter where the base is I ask her ■■ So now I’m back at sea and away for a minimum of two months !!! cant win…

toby1234abc:
If apply for a job with Richard Long,they ask if you wear jogging bottom trousers,and dont like un-tidy drivers.

Then they should give you a uniform

Did the landed squires of olden days give their serfs a uniform ?

davepenn54:
Just a little bit off topic, sorry :blush: , but for ‘thetourist’ I remember your post’s about your time at Belkin and your impending redundancy and had forgotten about it until last week when I saw a Belkin Scania pulling a box SB on the M1 and just today saw, possibly the same outfit, pulling an m/t skell SB on the A34. The unit is still liveried up as a Belkin motor :question: :question: Thats why it stood out and I knew someone from here had said they were getting rid of their own motors and that it was a really good job :exclamation: :question:

Any way ‘thetourist’ hope the new job works out OK :exclamation:

Rregards
Dave Penn;

Hi Dave the story is that there were ten of us drivers last year and the plan was that as the five year lease ended on a truck the unit would go back and a driver would be made redundant so the result is that there are still two left that are due to finish in October and they will be fetching containers in from Southampton with Belkin products in as the company feels its the most cost effective way of using them. I have moved on again and am now working for Metcalfe farms doing low loader work only been there 1 week but so far so good they seem like a good bunch to work for lets hope it stays like that.
ps what does SB stand for or am i being dumb

South bound :wink: :smiley:

thetourist:

davepenn54:
Just a little bit off topic, sorry :blush: , but for ‘thetourist’ I remember your post’s about your time at Belkin and your impending redundancy and had forgotten about it until last week when I saw a Belkin Scania pulling a box SB on the M1 and just today saw, possibly the same outfit, pulling an m/t skell SB on the A34. The unit is still liveried up as a Belkin motor :question: :question: Thats why it stood out and I knew someone from here had said they were getting rid of their own motors and that it was a really good job :exclamation: :question:

Any way ‘thetourist’ hope the new job works out OK :exclamation:

Rregards
Dave Penn;

Hi Dave the story is that there were ten of us drivers last year and the plan was that as the five year lease ended on a truck the unit would go back and a driver would be made redundant so the result is that there are still two left that are due to finish in October and they will be fetching containers in from Southampton with Belkin products in as the company feels its the most cost effective way of using them. I have moved on again and am now working for Metcalfe farms doing low loader work only been there 1 week but so far so good they seem like a good bunch to work for lets hope it stays like that.
ps what does SB stand for or am i being dumb

There was one of them on the ferry with me from Dover to Calais last Monday.

Thetaff:
South bound :wink: :smiley:

now i feel stupid