Back in the driving seat

Well in the morning I have an assessment drive with Goldstar for class 1. It’s to see if I will be accepted in their internal training programme, I’ve researched it quite well and have all the information I needed before deciding to go for it.

In my current financial state their training scheme is the only way I can do my class 1…again (failed it 4years ago) and I need out of current employment (non driving).

Haven’t driven a lorry for a long long time but hoping it all comes back once I step back in the cab.

Like riding a bike mate… once you get back on… a few wobbly moments, you’ll be sound… just remember to watch out for the other monkeys on the road :smiley:

Mrs says I drive the car like its a lorry so Yeh I’m sure it’ll all come back. Really looking forward to it!

Not sure if anyone really cares but hey ho, I Passed the assessment drive so have been accepted into their train to employ scheme. Now just have to wait for a slot.

I was naturally a little edgy when I got into the drivers seat and it took about 20mins or so to get into thing s again.

Pretty happy with how I drove for not driving anything bigger than a merc sprinter in the 4 years since doing my C (pass) and C+E (Fail).

Felt great when got back to their yard and the instructor said “I’m going to say yes and put you forward for training & test”

That’s brilliant! More employers are beginning to offer these schemes as a direct response to the driver shortage which is now well documented.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

It’s a good way of getting training and a start in the business which is why I went for it after researching into their scheme.

They do C & C+E, you pay an initial fee (mines £250 for just C+E) then the balance (£950) is paid via your wages when you start working (38weeks is their default length of payments) they don’t make you sign on to them for 2yrs like some who run these schemes do. Aslong as you have paid the training fees your as free to leave as anyone else.

Really looking forward to nailing the test this time and getting on the road properly.

Great news and good luck! Let us know how you get on :slight_smile:

When are starting with them?

I am looking at doing my c+E training in June (a few people ahead of me) and then once test is passed I’ll start working for them whenever they want me too…that’s discussed after test is passed.

Friday 10th is day one of training confirmed a couple weeks back.

Really looking forward to it!

Well done mate!

I had an assessment for Brownstar a while back.

It wasn’t for driving though.