Back Driving

Because of the bad weather last week I unfortunately had to cancel training, however it was not all doom and gloom.
I have quite a few contacts in the haulage trade from my past driving years. So on Wednesday I gave one a ring it was MLM Distrubution at Knottingley near Leeds they instantly offered me a couple of days driving on Thursday and Friday.

So it was early to bed on Wednesday Night because I had a 6 o clock start on Thursday. I arrived for work at 5.50am a coffe was waiting for me, it was lovely to say my former colleagues and could of talked for hours catching up!!

However I had 6 drops South Yorkshire to deliver, I was given my wagon keys for a Mercedes Atego (the same as my training vehicle), after competing my daily walk round checks I set off down the A1.

First drop Doncaster, when I arrived I was met by the fork lift driver who used to tip me a few years ago when I worked for MLM Distrubution he made me a coffee and we chatted for a while.

Next was into Sheffield for the remainder of the drops, if you dont know Sheffield, its very hilly which proved to be very challenging with the snow.

I was very grateful to the fork lift drivers who kept moving my load to over the rear axles so to give more traction in the snow.

I finally arrived back at 4.30pm to load for Fridays Run which was again to South Yorks.

I really enjoyed going back driving. Hopefully back training Monday weather permitting.
Regards Paul

I

Good to hear you can still earn some bread mate, until the weather turns again. :wink:

Also it keeps my hand in.

Lets say I practice what I preach!!

Regards Paul

Hi Paul,

Glad you still earned some money after having to cancel my training :smiley:

I hope the weather holds out next week for you and your next pupil

I’m looking forward to January and doing a test this time! :unamused:

Rob :grimacing: