Back door J Arthur Rankers

Picked up truck this morning at 4am for a delivery. No paperwork in cab. Driven to delivery. Explained situation. Truck is booked in. They won’t unload until they have paperwork either faxed or hard copy. Told me to go and park up. Text the boss (waking him up). Then they whistle across yard and tell me to pull on a bay as they need it.

Why does it have to be such ■■■■■■■ hard work

You woke the boss up, thats good cos he’ll have the 'ump and bollock the right person so it doesn’t happen again.

To be fair you can see the receiver’s point of view, what if they’d unloaded you and then later it transpires the load was due elsewhere, it wouldn’t be the first time.

We don’t leave the depot at all unless the paperwork is 100% and correct, customer wouldn’t accept either, pumping 28 ton of the wrong stuff into a already half full silo wouldn’t get any of us a pat on the back.

This is typical of many jumped up, officious back door wallahs. First of all they can’t tip you without paperwork under any circumstances, and they can give you a list of reasons why, and you are told to park up and they don’t care for how long, “It’s not our problem” is the normal response.

Suddenly when they need the goods there are no problems taking the stuff off. Why couldn’t they have done that in the first place??

oldmannie:
This is typical of many jumped up, officious back door wallahs. First of all they can’t tip you without paperwork under any circumstances, and they can give you a list of reasons why, and you are told to park up and they don’t care for how long, “It’s not our problem” is the normal response.

Suddenly when they need the goods there are no problems taking the stuff off. Why couldn’t they have done that in the first place??

Exactly

Tell em, ‘great I’m going out tonight so will take the load back and finsish early’.

Park out of sight round the corner and wait 5 minutes for the phone to ring.

“”“”“” pumping 28 ton of the wrong stuff into a already half full silo wouldn’t get any of us a pat on the back.
[/quote]
“”“”“”

Been there …its real Fun !!! After the worrying and arse twitching stopped.
Inter company transfer of a fragranced oil from Spain to UK.
Paperwork All correct…but they loaded me wrong product…oooops. Totally their balls up which they admitted to Thank God.
It spoilt 1000’s of litres of perfumed aromatic oil that had to be dumped…Which I got paid extra to do, Happy days .

3 wheeler:
“”“”“” pumping 28 ton of the wrong stuff into a already half full silo wouldn’t get any of us a pat on the back.

“”“”“”

Paperwork All correct…but they loaded me wrong product…oooops. Totally their balls up which they admitted to Thank God.
[/quote]
Funny in a way but could have had serious explosive/toxic consequences with some products, i bet someone got the bollocking of their lives or the sack for that.

Its not quite like a trailer full of Corn Flakes going to the Quaker Oats’ factory by mistake.

Juddian:

3 wheeler:

“”“”“”

Funny in a way but could have had serious explosive/toxic consequences with some products, i bet someone got the bollocking of their lives or the sack for that.

Its not quite like a trailer full of Corn Flakes going to the Quaker Oats’ factory by mistake.
[/quote]
At least they’re both breakfast cereals, and edible (well, that’s debatable obviously) but imagine the hoo-har if you confused two substances that looked very similar when in plain labelled cover?

Eg. Scots porridge oats and caustic soda flakes or bootleg whisky and nitric acid :smiling_imp:

Caustic Soda Flakes.jpg

Juddian:

3 wheeler:

“”“”“”

[/quote]
It wrecked 9000 Litres of an aromatic ladies bath oil at a cost of about £40k at the time by adding some processed left over crap oil that should have gone to a waste oil burner company in Spain, instead I dragged a whole load of it back from Spain and into the Scented Bath oil it went at the bottling plant.
Two days later it all went to a waste oil company in Essex…perhaps Essex had never smelled so good as when that lot was burnt !

3 wheeler:
It wrecked 9000 Litres of an aromatic ladies bath oil at a cost of about £40k at the time by adding some processed left over crap oil that should have gone to a waste oil burner company in Spain, instead I dragged a whole load of it back from Spain and into the Scented Bath oil it went at the bottling plant.
Two days later it all went to a waste oil company in Essex…perhaps Essex had never smelled so good as when that lot was burnt !

And still smelling good.

In certain areas! :laughing:

C

We can’t go on the road without documentation for the load