Baby trucker help please

ecotrails:
Thanks for that Kate, lot’s of good links.
The 2 CPC holders I have contacted so far want about £300 per month to act for me until I obtain my own CPC, do you consider this a fair price?
Ian

To be fair, from what you’ve told us, you are illegal without a CPC so you need one ASAP. You’ll have to pay that unless you can find someone to do it cheaper. As Wheelnut has already said, Commerical Motor fill the naughty pages week-in and week-out with people in similar situations to you.

From discussions I have had it seems I was not strictly illegal, it could be said that I was acting as a driver for a company that possessed an ‘o’ licence. Sure I paid them for the privelige of gaining experience in a 7.5T, sort of negative wages as a temp driver maybe… :laughing: .

Got the paperwork application from VOSA, wow, almost as beurocratic and full of nonsense as stuff we get from HM customs and excise.

Also got the ‘CPC’ book, get the feeling I could die of terminal boredom before I get to the end. One tip I used to suggest to my students that I am certainly going to do myself is; If you come across a big boring book that has to be fully read then tear it up and then staple or bind it back into individual chapters, then it doesn’t look so menacing and you can even take it to pub to read and be Mr/Mrs boring in front of your mates.

Ian