B to C+E my experience at PSTT

So happy to say I passed my C+E practical test today at PSTT.

I had already passed the theory tests before looking for a training provider. Couldn’t be happier with the communication and quick response from PSTT. Without mentioning names my local place seemed so busy they wasn’t too helpful regarding booking me in using the extra-provisional email or just getting back to me in general.

I booked with PSTT I think in late November and passed my 3a reversing test a couple of weeks ago.
Never driven an artic or rigid on the road before I was very anxious when I went to do the 3a test but did have a lot of experience over the years reversing caravans and Ifor Williams trailers and it helped.
I passed the 3a but was still wondering if I’d made the right choice when I first went up for my residential training course and seen just how much bigger the artic was than the class 2 rigids.

Luckily I had Pete S as my trainer. He explained a lot to me about positioning at junctions etc before we went out on the road using some diagrams he’d drawn on paper. Then he took me for a demonstration drive before letting me get behind the wheel myself.
Daunting at first but I will say once your high up in the cab with good visibility it doesn’t seem as big as when you look at the truck from outside.

The whole experience was great. I had a hiccup on the Wednesday with a disappointing drive around Shirebrook but in my own mind I put this down to lack of sleep catching up with me as the first couple of hours of the day went well.

On the Friday I was determined to put full concentration in and make sure I had a good drive so I could go home confident of my ability to pass the test.

Peter put me through many challenging junctions all week. Many of which I didn’t see on the test but not knowing the local area I knew I’d be happy to tackle any of them if they came up.

Worth mentioning that after booking I passed my CPC module 2 theory so booked module 4 training and test to do at PSTT while I was there for the week. Passed this on the Friday before coming home.
Not going to lie I was nervous before the practical test this morning (Monday) but I think the couple of days at home in between actually helped. This will probably be different for everyone but I did feel mentally tired by day 5 of training.

Most important thing for me to remember is that an hour driving test seems long but compared to 5 hours training it goes quite quick.

All in all I’m glad I decided to go straight for class 1. It wasn’t an easy decision but paid off and thanks to Pete S and PSTT for making the whole process as less stressful as possible.

Congratulations

BedfordJ5:
So happy to say I passed my C+E practical test today at PSTT

PASSING CE ARTIC.jpg
PASSING CE WD.jpg
LPLATE.jpg
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

ROG:

BedfordJ5:
So happy to say I passed my C+E practical test today at PSTT

My turn for fireworks, yes.

Well done! Was a great week which I think we both enjoyed. I’ve now done 4 B to CE courses with no problem at all. And today’s pass with 3 driving faults is about par for the course.

Congratulations, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Congratulations!

Pete S:
Well done! Was a great week which I think we both enjoyed. I’ve now done 4 B to CE courses with no problem at all. And today’s pass with 3 driving faults is about par for the course.

Congratulations, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Yes I definitely enjoyed the training and driving. Passing the time the rest of the day wasn’t so easy but I kept out of trouble.

Yes I definitely enjoyed the training and driving.

To learn the subject in depth so you’re well prepared for test, and to really enjoy the process, is true success IMO.

Well done!

Pete S :laughing: :laughing: