B&Q Swindon (DHL)

Just after a bit of advice really.

I’ve been out of the trucking game for 10 or so years now, just trying to find my way back in.

I’ve seen a lot of adverts recently for drivers at B&Q Swindon (DHL) on trunk runs and store deliveries. Just wondering what area the DC covers? Do they go in to London? Does anyone know where the trunk runs go to? Any advice on the best agency to go to get myself in there?

Thanks for the advice.
TC

Trunk runs are to Preston brook just of the m56 and also to redhouse in Doncaster and maybe to the RDC in Worksop as well. Sorry I can’t be more specific as its just info I’ve got from chatting to a few of their drivers when I’ve delivered to Swindon.

ADR were supplying the drivers. Used to do some work in there before DHL and I never went to London.

YOu wont just do trunking you will probably doa store on the way back from the DC,s I workedfor B&Q at Grantham used to be a great job under TNT and WIncanton but under dhl it all turned a bit sour nagging about mpg daily expecting you to do max hours when possible Dont be surprised if you have to go to Worskop wioth a load then back to London then do a store on the SOuth coast and then back to depot.

I loved it until Dhell took over.

selby newcomer:
Trunk runs are to Preston brook just of the m56 and also to redhouse in Doncaster and maybe to the RDC in Worksop as well. Sorry I can’t be more specific as its just info I’ve got from chatting to a few of their drivers when I’ve delivered to Swindon.

They were in the process of shutting Preston Brook down a few years ago, is it still going?

I was on B+Q, but I was on the home deliveries on days and the wag + drag demounts on nights (to Branston), but it was K+N up here.

waynedl:

selby newcomer:

They were in the process of shutting Preston Brook down a few years ago, is it still going?

I was on B+Q, but I was on the home deliveries on days and the wag + drag demounts on nights (to Branston), but it was K+N up here.

My son in law was one of the last to be finished up at the brook last week. There’s still a few bits going on but distribution has gone !

I worked in there via ADR. Work is good, I was mostly on south coast. Then ADR did what I was pre warned about…… force you to work in Icelands!!

That is London every day, sometimes twice!

If you can hack driving to Andover then do what I’ve just done and go for the COOP.
Better money, better trucks and kit. Better runs.

Good luck!

p.s B&Q is good work, if you can get full time. DHL can be hard work though.

I can never find the Goods-in entrances for the stores unless I’m extremely lucky or given a tip off. eg Old Kent Rd.