B&Q RDC Swindon

i dont know if any of you have been to b&q rdc swindon, its only just opened, anyway i had a load to deliver there on thursday, book in time was 7&8am(2lorries), we both arrived at 7am and security dont really seem that clued up on things at the moment, loads of phone calls made to see where we had to go etc etc, eventually we get put on bays 17&18, tipped and out by 8.30am. left there happy

get back to the yard in goole after collecting a load from slough, park up and into the poffice to find out what i am doin on friday, same again i am told but an 11am booking at b&q, i didnt fancy leavin goole at 6am and heading out into traffic once i get onto the m42, so i asked to have it loaded for 3am and i would leave at the same time as thursday, no probs he said but b&q might park you up til 11, i will get in i said.

left at 3.30am, nice clear drive and arrive there at 7.10am, go to gatehouse which is mainly manned by nepalese lads who are very polite. sorry your not booked in til 11am i get told, oh sorry i say, its been rebooked for 7am, sorry i am slightly late, oh right he says, he gets on the phone again and tells them its rebooked for 7am, bay 18 please driver, no probs mate, thanks very much.

get onto bay 18, open curtains, hand paper work and keys in, get a coffee, 45 mins later all tipped and head in for paper work, as soon as i walk in the door a guy says, sorry but we cant tip you as your not booked in til 11am, we will have to ask you to leave the site and return at booking time, oh right i say, 1 of the FLT drivers has tipped me and i am ready to go, just need my paperwork, his jaw nearly hit the floor and he didnt look happy. he begrudgingly signed my paper work and sent me on my way.

i know its a pretty pointless post but its always good to get one over an RDC when its normally them being a pain in the arse.

the thing is i think they will have their revenge on me, as its going to take 3-4 weeks of deliveries to get them upto their stock levels of what we deliver to them

your firm might no have the same view if they are operating the same system they did at the other b and q sites turn up more than half hour before your time or over half hour after they slap the firm with a fine! better get the overtime in pal :laughing:

we do the rdc’s in runcorn and worksop as well, runcorn is always an open booking for us and worksop give us bookings but are fine with us coming early, when i do worksop i do 3 loads in there a day and last 1 might be booked for 16 00, but i will have them done by 14 00 coz the afternoon shift there is a joke.

we do their rdc’s every day of the week, gets boring sometimes the amount we go in but it keeps us busy i suppose