B&Q Doncaster

Heard this is a 30 minute delivery window either side of booking slot or the company gets a £1000 fine. Any truth in it?

toonsy:
Heard this is a 30 minute delivery window either side of booking slot or the company gets a £1000 fine. Any truth in it?

I think it is true but if you inform them your going to miss your slot then they don’t get fined. I was 2 hours late once but because my company let them know we got a new booking reference through so when I turned up it was all good.

Rowley010:

toonsy:

I think it is true but if you inform them your going to miss your slot then they don’t get fined. I was 2 hours late once but because my company let them know we got a new booking reference through so when I turned up it was all good.

Yep, what he said. There are a few bays outside for you to wait if you’re early.

It’s just a shame you can’t fine them £1000 for taking too long.

toonsy:

Nobody would supply them if it was true.

Conor:

toonsy:

Nobody would supply them if it was true.

Its 100% true, however as has been stated, if I call in advance and put a “late” on it,no fine.

And this is why haulage is in the state it’s in,if hauliers agree to this they are mugs,
How can a company fine another for been late,
I think I might order some bricks from b&q for delivery and then fine b&q if it’s late,see what happens then.

GOG47:
Its 100% true,

Funny how nobody ever manages to provide any evidence beyond “I was told it in a RDC waiting room” or “goods in told me I would be”.

Conor:

GOG47:
Its 100% true,

Funny how nobody ever manages to provide any evidence beyond “I was told it in a RDC waiting room” or “goods in told me I would be”.

MotorTransport ran an article about it, back in 2014. Read Excerpt here

I agree it’s excessive. But on the other hand they are trying to manage loads of trucks in and out all day and manage stock flow through the RDC, if all they are asking is for a phone call so they know your load is going to be late then what’s so hard about that?

Colingl:

Conor:

GOG47:
Its 100% true,

MotorTransport ran an article about it, back in 2014. Read Excerpt here

It mentions nothing about a £1000 penalty. It says there is one but it doesn’t say it is £1000 or any amount anywhere in the article. It does however state the penalty is charged to the supplier which isn’t the haulier is it?

Also on a linked article…

DHL and Wincanton which operate a number of its DCs have already told Motortransport.co.uk that they are “not aware” of the commercial arrangements between the two retailers and their suppliers, and did not impose any penalties for early or late deliveries at the sites themselves.

As I said, more RDC rubbish.

I did say it was an excerpt. But in the bit available it does mention penalty charges following early or late delveries, which is the evidence you seek, is it not?

Colingl:
I did say it was an excerpt. But in the bit available it does mention penalty charges following early or late delveries, which is the evidence you seek, is it not?

No. I want evidence its £1000. I know that many places have a penalty clause for late deliveries, I don’t dispute that. I do dispute the claim that it is £1000 though.

Yes there are threats of dire consequenses for B&Q doncaster i used to pick up wallpaper from gainsborough and it came with a4 sized instructions ie only go in at booking time as a charge of xxxx will be incoured … when its working and you do arrive on time you do get sorted in fair time
when i would have been early ive checked in and been told DO NOT go in early
Quite HOW B&Q were going to levy the charge is unclear ( withold payment i presume )

Conor:

GOG47:
Its 100% true,

Well,I’m only a lowly traffic planner dealing with up to 15 B&Q loads a week so what would I know. If I’ve time tomorrow I’ll try and dig out last years T&C’s. Then again I might just ask one of our drivers what he’s heard

In fairness I don’t mind the rules like this as long as it works both ways. I kept my side up by being there at the correct time. They kept their side up by tipping me on time.

It’s when you get told a time then left for hours that it bothers me

toonsy:
In fairness I don’t mind the rules like this as long as it works both ways. I kept my side up by being there at the correct time. They kept their side up by tipping me on time.

It’s when you get told a time then left for hours that it bothers me

Donni B&Q is quite good on tipping , 100% better than Swindon

£1000 does sound correct. Heard of similar figures at other places. Not from rdc chat from office sources. But no afraid I can’t actually provide evidence.

The supplier gets fined but in most contracts between supplier and haulier this will Just get passed onto the haulier

GOG47:
Well,I’m only a lowly traffic planner dealing with up to 15 B&Q loads a week so what would I know.

Nothing. Traffic planners and those in the traffic office tend not to be privy to business contracts with blue chip companies that the upper management and directorship negotiate. Its several grades above your payscale and mine.

All I know is that we are handed an attachment to any paperwork for B&Q loads by our office stating this £1000 fine if delays are not reported.

Conor:

GOG47:
Well,I’m only a lowly traffic planner dealing with up to 15 B&Q loads a week so what would I know.

Nothing. Traffic planners and those in the traffic office tend not to be privy to business contracts with blue chip companies that the upper management and directorship negotiate. Its several grades above your payscale and mine.

jeez, you really are up your own @r$e! Self proclaimed driving god, tax and accountancy expert and now font of all knowledge on contract negotiations :unamused: The e-mail that we get at the start of every year on this particular contract that the transport manager hands me after the he and the company owner have read it (we sit in the same office- shock/horror :open_mouth:) must have been scotch mist!.Anyway,I’ll bow to your greater knowledge :unamused: