B.O.C.

Can anyone tell me what they’re like to work for?
Got an interview next Wed.
Job is delvering gas cylinders to Pubs etc.

It’s cheaper than joining a gym. :wink:

Andyroo:

Was waiting on that. :slight_smile:

gsm31:

Andyroo:

Was waiting on that. :slight_smile:

Glad to be of service.

It wasn’t totally a joke though.

I do actually remember my mother telling me one bloke who delivered to the pub she worked at, actually had medical problems due to overdeveloped upper body muscles from the job.

It may have been ■■■■■■■■, but it’s something I remember being told.

Handling any type of cylinder, gas bottle or beer keg, is all about technique. For the first few days you may well struggle your nuts off, but all of a sudden it clicks.

Due to H & S restrictions it’s a darn sight easier than it used to be! :wink:

Andyroo is partially right, still good exercise; look forward to lots of back door deliveries down side-streets though.

Is it on the Sureflow job?

Wobble:
Is it on the Sureflow job?

Yes.

I worked with a guy who got a job with boc . It was artic work mind you but the wages were nearly the same he said. He was clearin 800 euro home a week and that was a couple of years ago :open_mouth:

i was chatting to a guy who had been doing the BOC cellar gas for a couple of years via the agency, he told me its ok but can be a pain as some of the drops in city centres are a nightmare, and like dray work you are expected to handball the delivery into the cellar and handball the empties out.
Some of the deliveries even expect you to uncouple the empties and re-couple the fresh cylinders in situ, as they don`t have a clue how to do it. Then you got to hump them out of the cellar onto the truck. Multiply this by the number of drops per day :unamused:

When I saw the advert I assumed it was delivering oxy acetylene torpedos to garages,fabrication shops etc.
Assume it will be CO2,what weight are the cylinders?

I had interview for this job a few years ago…Are you any good at selling? because you will be expected to sell as well!!

Wobble:
I had interview for this job a few years ago…Are you any good at selling? because you will be expected to sell as well!!

Don’t like the sound of that. :open_mouth: :confused:
Is there any cash handling?

No cash handling from what i can remember…but you were expected to increase their business, and develop new leads etc etc.
May have changed now, but i turned the job down because of it.