B & M

hello peeps, first post on here. how you all doing? just wanted to query b & m. They seem to be always advertising for drivers in Liverpool, money looks ok there. I was just wondering what its like to work there? I see there trucks all over the place. Should i read something into the fact they are regularly looking for drivers?

thanks.

I don’t know personally , but a work colleague has a friend in there who says the TM is a top bloke bloke. He moved from 20 years on containers to B&M and said its the easiest job ever.

Take from that what you will.

Band M is that rare thing ,its a genuinely expanding business,it will need to enlarge its fleet and attendants.

Friend of mine, just an hour ago, using this laptop, has applied for a job at their new Willerby shop

I applied for a job with them a few months back when they were looking for drivers based in Glasgow. Haven’t heard a peep from them since. Only found out from one of their drivers last month when I was doing a delivery to their uddingston store, that they have apparently scrapped that idea. Would have been nice to have heard something official from them. However, looking at the way they load their trailers, kind of glad I didn’t get a start with them. What a ■■■■■■■ mess!!! Don’t think I could put up with that nonsense for long.

Handballing deckers I think but not as bad as willkos

jobs.bmstores.co.uk/vacancies/47 … anted.html

Doesn’t look to bad. My friends friend does Friday to Monday nights. Loves it.

i think they got pringle in to do the scotch runs until they decide if its worth opening a new hub, they have a high turnover but the money looks good, lots of distance if you want it, but some pig awful store locations, just give a go pal and if it aint for you move on and start again :slight_smile:

Plugster:
i think they got pringle in to do the scotch runs until they decide if its worth opening a new hub, they have a high turnover but the money looks good, lots of distance if you want it, but some pig awful store locations, just give a go pal and if it aint for you move on and start again :slight_smile:

Didn’t think Pringle done B+M. Never seen him pulling their trailers before. I know he does Home Bargains though.

it is home and bargain sorry, (dunce hat in the corner)

Plugster:

Your last sentence is great advice mate. sounds like a plan. cheers :smiley:

They have a few poles working for them too,had one today who admitted his english was very bad, asking for directions to the St Helens store…quite worrying reall, someone with a poor understanding of english is driving for a British company.Maybe agency.

Vote UKIP - B&M is owned by Simon & Bobby Arora and some Americans. Simon & Bobby Arora look suspiciously as if they might not be originally from the UK. They have got to go.

Coming over here, creating jobs - how dare they!
I don’t know anything about them, but from the outside the kit seems to have got a lot better lately - fewer scruffy obviosuly second-hand deckers and more kit in their own colours

Large amount of poles work there. Liverpool depot is a proper ■■■■ tip. Heard you are treated poorly. Got to ask the question, why are they always looking for drivers

Iv never known a new depot look such a mess so quickly.
I went in the first few weeks if it opening then went about 6 month later,there was rubbish everywhere,bays not working and the dock shelters ripped off,toilets a disgrace etc

I did a forklift assessment at B&M Speke about 2 yrs ago. Place was busy as hell,and full of eastern Europeans.

They offered me a job. I declined.

i had a mate that worked in the warehouse whos looking at doing his class 2. i told him to go back there when he does and they would pay for his class 1. he said he’d rather pay for it himself than ever set foot back in that place.

plannerman:
Coming over here, creating jobs - how dare they!
I don’t know anything about them, but from the outside the kit seems to have got a lot better lately - fewer scruffy obviosuly second-hand deckers and more kit in their own colours

because VOSTAPO don’t wait for them at their gate, they go in and do it there before they get on the road! :grimacing: the woman in the office is an ex copper ( can’t remember if she was traffic! ) but they’re putting things right slowly. :grimacing: I’ve a few ex STOBRAT mates working there too, here’s a clue? Jumping ship from STOBRATS TO B & M :wink: laughable at best, lobotomy at worst! :sunglasses:

Anyone that thinks speke is bad never went to their last place.

Epitome of a business that no-one cares about and is just milked by the owners as a cash cow flogging the cheapest tat from China, they can lay their hands on, to the idiot masses.

It’s not to be applauded, in my view.