B&M STORES

Hi

Does anybody know if B&M stores use sub contractors or owner drivers for loads up to scotland as i have spotted different wagons pulling there trailers recently :question:

Was wondering if it would be worth giving them a phone as i run into liverpool area

Any info would be great thanks in advance

:smiley:

They use subbies for Northern Ireland, seen them in there a few times but their name escapes me at the moment, don’t think many of their own motors would make it to Scotland so got to be worth a call

Not that I know of. The trucks you see are probably their own. They seem to buy alot of old piles of 2nd hand junk and send then straight to work. Even if they are in someone elses colours.

damoq:
Not that I know of. The trucks you see are probably their own. They seem to buy alot of old piles of 2nd hand junk and send then straight to work. Even if they are in someone elses colours.

Sounds a bit like the products they sell . . . not knocking them though,have purchased some reasonably priced goods from said establishment ,the Bonners Hungarian goulash is a must have when cooking up a “camion” :stuck_out_tongue:

They use maxwell for northern Ireland, they’ve just bought a load of brand new 4 wheel scanias, give them a call, they mite sub out work. If not try Tj Morris (home and bargain) they deffo sub out.

Thereal-john:
They use maxwell for northern Ireland, they’ve just bought a load of brand new 4 wheel scanias, give them a call, they mite sub out work. If not try Tj Morris (home and bargain) they deffo sub out.

Home Bargains use Pringles Of Carluke for their Scottish deliveries

must be concentrating the money on paying drivers rather than decent kit. i know of a driver who reckons he is earning £1200 a week top line. :unamused:

wirralpete:
must be concentrating the money on paying drivers rather than decent kit. i know of a driver who reckons he is earning £1200 a week top line. :unamused:

Feasible if he’s full time Agency doing a week that includes Friday/Saturday/Sunday night.

wirralpete:

I don’t think the owner of b&m makes that much :laughing: :laughing:

my mates missus works there in the transport office (no names, but you don’t get much higher in the department), she offered me the work to ireland some years ago.
then my mate told me what they/she was like to deal with.
as a result of what my mate (her husband :laughing: ) told me, we declined the work.

no mate he works for them now he was agency he now does monday to friday with the odd weekend day.

damoq:

Who also used to do Poundstretcher work.

ken.

Quinny:

damoq:

ken.

My mob do all the scottish Poundstretcher stuff now.

I like Poundstretcher, “everything for a pound”. Last time I went in I bought the till! :confused:

damoq:

Quinny:

damoq:

ken.

That’ll be Bullet then.

I was one of the guys trunking it up to your place during the changeover period.

Ken.

Quinny:

damoq:

Quinny:

damoq:

ken.

That’ll be Bullet then.

I was one of the guys trunking it up to your place during the changeover period.

Ken.

Yip. Fortunately I don’t have anything to do with the Poundies side of things though. Im on Pallex.