b & m stores.

any of you folks drive for b & m stores?

My mate starts for them on Monday. From him, as well as other sources, I’ve heard it can be a nice little earner. I can’t really say anything about his actual thoughts until he’s settled in.

thanks for that paul. i’ve been offered o job at middlewich thats all & wanted to ask any drivers a few questions.

That’s where Rich is going to be. Starts his induction etc tomorrow.

bump

Don’t think you’ll get much info about Middlewich yet, today was it’s first day as a functioning RDC. Could be a totally different experience to life at Speke, depends who’s in the office & running things.

Whats it like at Speke■■? Ive heard they have a high turnover of drivers.Anyone know what rate they are paying.

GOIN QUOIN:
Whats it like at Speke■■? Ive heard they have a high turnover of drivers.Anyone know what rate they are paying.

74 zloty a day

rob22888:
Don’t think you’ll get much info about Middlewich yet, today was it’s first day as a functioning RDC. Could be a totally different experience to life at Speke, depends who’s in the office & running things.

From what I’ve heard it was a bit of a catastrophe. No trucks, so they all got stuck on a minibus to go get some from from Speke.

That broke down, someone had filled it with petrol instead of diesel.

So with the few units they had, they had to start doing double runs to bring back an extra unit and 2 trailers.

No phones on site. Internet down. IT guys up in arms. Couldn’t print off picking sheets to pick deliveries, so they were being printed at Speke and ferried down in cars.

No diesel on site, so the TM is having to go out with every driver to fuel up motors on his company credit card.

Can’t have been much of an induction day with all that going on. And they’re out delivering from tomorrow. The fella my mate was paired up with passed his class 1 four years ago and had never sat in an artic (or possibly anything else) between that and his assessment last week. He’s off to Nuneaton and Coventry tomorrow.

Sounds like fun

Good start then :laughing:

Probably explains why Speke is such a shambles when management can’t even make sure a brand new RDC has units on site…

Apparently Scania have let them down with the order

rob22888:
Good start then :laughing:

Probably explains why Speke is such a shambles when management can’t even make sure a brand new RDC has units on site…

No such thing as management at B&M allegedly - it’s longest serving gets to be in charge because they’ve shown determination and stamina to stay the distance despite everything!

PaulNowak:

Can’t keep up with the replacement plan (write offs etc) let alone new orders! Did see one of their trailers being pulled by K H Lancaster (based near Middlewich) the other day so must be using any subbie or tractor unit they can get their hands on.

I know a driver there (originally Blackpool based) who moved to Speke and he says they are growing too quickly and without experienced managers which is the root of the problem.

Asked him why he stays but he says he’s happy enough - money for nothing apparently!

fredthered:

PaulNowak:

Can’t keep up with the replacement plan (write offs etc) let alone new orders! Did see one of their trailers being pulled by K H Lancaster (based near Middlewich) the other day so must be using any subbie or tractor unit they can get their hands on.

I know a driver there (originally Blackpool based) who moved to Speke and he says they are growing too quickly and without experienced managers which is the root of the problem.

Asked him why he stays but he says he’s happy enough - money for nothing apparently!

Mark Thompson is doing the distance work.

Goods in at Middlewich are in top form this morning. 3 hours and counting now for paperwork on a load consisting of a whole 3 different lines of bleach. :unamused:

how’s your mate getting on paul? have you heard off him?

Think they will find it hard to get drivers pay seems a bit low for the area.

PaulNowak:

fredthered:

PaulNowak:

Mark Thompson is doing the distance work.

Also noticed a Hayton Coulthard pulling one north today too, a bit OT but Thompson is also now doing the store deliveries for Travis Perkins at Omega too due to lack of drivers…

My mate started last Monday (induction) and hit the road Tuesday, having not sat in an artic for 3 years.

By Thursday he was mentoring new starters.

The uniform hasn’t turned up yet, and they keep having to go to Speke to pick up loads because the picking isn’t happening to schedule at Middlewich. He wanted Mon-Fri ams, which wasn’t available, so he took Tues-Sat (still ams)

So far I think his earliest start has been 11.30, stuck on pms. Told them that if they don’t switch him to ams in the next couple of weeks he may as well tramp, for the amount of time he’s getting with his family.

Don’t think I’ll be applying anytime soon.

Currently sat at goods in. It’s no wonder they’ve got nothing to pick if this is how long it takes them to tip you.