B&d walter trucking

O not led anyone up the garden path it’s how I find it. I’ve never said it will be the same for everyone. You can’t even get ya facts right when something is black and white in front of you…

Canadian clint:
Im just saying what is the truth a lot of people get led up the garden path by Mr Evans could go on for hour about this guy.Just feel he should tell the truth about the way the drivers get treated at BD Walters.Mr evans likes to spin the crap but i can see right through first day i met him.This is a guy that was at H@R 5mins says i can mentor new drivers when he does not even know what he is doing himself.i remember one driver he was teaching blew a scale because he was sleeping its all about him so he could make more money.so sad really he wont talk to me anymore because i understand his stupidity and just need other people to take what he says with a pinch of salt. No popcorn for me im busy trucking im not a monday to friday trucker

I worked for B&D trucking and loved it, I’m trying to get work there again.
What Clint says here is true, it is longer hours than European trucking so don’t think you can make plans every weekend. However it’s not as bad as Taff says it is. I worked there the same time as taff did and he was always making noise in the office. However I don’t know what he was sold in his interview so he might have had good reason too. It is long and you are expected to push yourself and commit a lot of time. So if you are not willing to put the company first then they aren’t for you

taffytrucker:
You know I’ve sat on this for a while with regards to a few comments made.

Do they run ya hard? Yea sure they do but what company don’t if you let them. It’s YOUR logbook not theirs.

They will treat you how you treat them. Speak to them if ya have a problem be polite and they will do the same to you and try to sort it out.

Yes the new LMIA rules changed things there IE tease of the size of the company only allowed to sponsor 12 drivers a year so if ya get tickets or warnings from DOT/CVSE or ■■■■■ and moan about everything or don’t do the job to the standard they want it will go down against you.

CRTs problems started long before it went downhill for him.

Sure I’ve had my run ins with the office but always manage to sort it out and carry on n get the job done. They are not everyone’s cup of tea but again same could be said about every company.

Good post

cliffstephens:
Guess you pair don’t go for a pint on a Friday night…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

boneidoltrucker:
It is long and you are expected to push yourself and commit a lot of time. So if you are not willing to put the company first then they aren’t for you

Would you really describe yourself as in a job where you put the company first and that’s how you like it? Seems a really strange attitude to have when working for a company, you should always come first unless you like living a life of servitude? If your personal life is going down the pan, you have health problems, you are tired, need a break from work or whatever, do you just put it aside and think, oh well, it’s only my life, that load really has to get down to Kansas though, company comes first!

Kiowan:

boneidoltrucker:
It is long and you are expected to push yourself and commit a lot of time. So if you are not willing to put the company first then they aren’t for you

Would you really describe yourself as in a job where you put the company first and that’s how you like it? Seems a really strange attitude to have when working for a company, you should always come first unless you like living a life of servitude? If your personal life is going down the pan, you have health problems, you are tired, need a break from work or whatever, do you just put it aside and think, oh well, it’s only my life, that load really has to get down to Kansas though, company comes first!

One of the many things I have learned over the years is … Work for yourself and screw the company, it’s you that matters, don’t push yourself, don’t over work for a company that doesn’t give a toss about you.

B&D is not a good company to work for IMO, the women who runs the company is a nutcase for starters.
Yes 0.44 cents a mile (utter crap)
You only get $25 to load and unload on flat deck/cattle and don’t get sod all for hoppers(unless this has changed)
If you break down, sometimes you might get layover pay, if your lucky, and that’s only going to be $50 for the day.
You have to run as bent as a nine bob note to make any kind decent money to live on.

I would say, if your a single guy doing it, give it a go, if your thinking of taking your wife and kids, forget it unless you have a large bank account to live off.