Ayr Motor Express... WARNING

Ayr Motor Express are one of the Canadian companies that recruit drivers from the UK, check out one of their trucks in the picture below

What a heap of junk, how can they think that writing the name on the door with a marker pen is acceptable? It may give you an insight of what to expect from this company, not too much obviously :unamused: :unamused:

Woodstokā€¦ :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: NOT a reputable company then ?

Pat Hasler:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: NOT a reputable company then ?

Somehow I doubt it :laughing: Iā€™ve heard that their ā€˜trainingā€™ pay rate is something really ridiculous like 9c per mile for the first few months, all MMTM stuff so canā€™t say for sure, but if they let crap like that International out on the road I can well believe it, shocking :open_mouth:

A few anagrams of ayr motor expressā€¦

resprays ex motor

pretax some sorry

axe rompers story

There was thousands to choose from and none were flattering, ironic really.

Ha ha, this reminds me when I worked for my Brother back in 82, I had an F88 ex Richard Ford and went to Hull docks, they wouldnā€™t tip me because there was no name on the truck, so I wrote it on with a felt tipped pen.

Dieseldogsix:
Ha ha, this reminds me when I worked for my Brother back in 82, I had an F88 ex Richard Ford and went to Hull docks, they wouldnā€™t tip me because there was no name on the truck, so I wrote it on with a felt tipped pen.

I was there at the same time! I used a roll of electrical tape to make a name on the doorā€¦pathetic or what :unamused:

I had an interview with Ayr Motor Express 2 1/2yrs ago, they are a good company to work for and you can get lots of miles, the reason I didnā€™t take the job was because they do ā€œslip seatingā€ so when you get home and take a couple of days off they put someone else in your truck and I didnā€™t like the idea of taking all my gear out everytime I got home! The company I work for now let me take the truck home and no one else drives it!
That must be an owner operators truck because there company trucks are all white and are no more than 3/4 yrs old!

Stu Leicester:
I had an interview with Ayr Motor Express 2 1/2yrs ago, they are a good company to work for and you can get lots of miles!

I bet you can at 9cpm :unamused:

Stu Leicester:
I had an interview with Ayr Motor Express 2 1/2yrs ago, they are a good company to work for and you can get lots of miles, the reason I didnā€™t take the jobā€¦

You KNOW they are a good company, but you never worked for them?

I got thoroughly lambasted at one point on BE because of my point of view on this.

They say that you earn 14cpm for up to 12 weeks, but that you get free accomodation so that it is even. Utter nonsense. If that is the case then all the houses in NB must be 500k to buy. 14cpm is not even insulting, it is way beyond that.

They hire you as a professional, and hire you based on your record and experience, then treat you as if you are totally raw and in need of constant supervision. It is ridiculous. That cannot be in any way reasonable ergo, they cannot be decent. I even delved into this on the sneak, yet they wonā€™t explain it to you in any real way. It sounds, the way they say it, as if it is normal for firms to do this.

mickfly:

Stu Leicester:
I had an interview with Ayr Motor Express 2 1/2yrs ago, they are a good company to work for and you can get lots of miles, the reason I didnā€™t take the jobā€¦

You KNOW they are a good company, but you never worked for them?

I was wondering the same, Mick. This makes H&R look better, doesnā€™t it?

Iā€™m not sure where you get 9cpm or even 14cpm from if I remember correctly they offered at least 30cpm to start with, they did offer accomdation but it certainly wasnā€™t free and it was only for a limited time until permanent accomdation was secured. If you want lots of miles and donā€™t mind slip seating they are I good company, I know a number of drivers that have worked and are working for them.
I chose a different company to work because they allow me to live in my truck so I donā€™t need to have an appartment that I never live and nobody touches my truck if it is in the yard for any reason!

You would have to go through the troll posts on BEā€¦ Another driver who is still there admitted that was the rateā€¦

Trubrit:

Dieseldogsix:

I was there at the same time! I used a roll of electrical tape to make a name on the doorā€¦pathetic or what :unamused:

Lots of made up names then and magnetic signs sales soared.

Ferensway Auto Transit.

Transport, Warehousing, And Trailers :laughing:

LOL.I canā€™t believe there are still people that will move from the UK to take crappy Canadian jobs that Canadians will not touch with a barge pole.There is a company in Simcoe Ontario that pays $20 a day for a 15 hour day on your so called training.Typical Canadian rubbish.LOL

ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€¦ I thought you had either been banned or had droppedā€¦

Funny how most of the firms are only hiring Canadians now. God almighty, no sooner do you reappear and the idiocy recommences. Tell me, do you live and breathe vitriole, or is it something that takes practice?