Axminster transport

Cliff luxton:
Great line up here. And this was the coming of the next day service.

Peter certainly run a mixed fleet when you look at that pic Cliff. :wink:

A03064.JPG

He certainly did Dean. First new attics where the Volvo,F86, F88 , F10, then came the Daf 2800s, then Scania141,a couple of Mercs, the Berliet for the French side, then he decided it was Leyland. I think the DAFs came before the F10s.

Can’t remember if this one’s been on here (NMP):

Fantastic photo courtesy of Marcus Lester.

Axminster.jpg

Thanks Dean, Robert , and Sandway great pictures all of them , I think the Volvos were my favourite, although I probably drove the Daf longer than any of them.

This was while Peter had the Renault Franchise early 80s I think.

Weekend in the yard.

The bubble. I think this has just arrived new . Edgar was the driver .

Geoff one of FB, Buzzer

244375096_1981683068663046_5525762720524799881_n.jpg

Had a bit of a bash on Friday night to celebrate my 70th birthday, great to catch up with a lot of friends that I’ve made over the years, both locally and further afield. There were 6 drivers from my Axminster Transport day’s back in 70s,who it is nice to be able to call friends after 40years or more, also the boss’s wife Gaye came and enjoyed catching up with the old drivers as we all are now. A lot of miles covered amongst the drivers and a lot of wine consumed great night . I think the none drivers enjoyed it as well. Thank you all.

Cliff luxton:
Had a bit of a bash on Friday night to celebrate my 70th birthday, great to catch up with a lot of friends that I’ve made over the years, both locally and further afield. There were 6 drivers from my Axminster Transport day’s back in 70s,who it is nice to be able to call friends after 40years or more, also the boss’s wife Gaye came and enjoyed catching up with the old drivers as we all are now. A lot of miles covered amongst the drivers and a lot of wine consumed great night . I think the none drivers enjoyed it as well. Thank you all.

Happy 70th Cliff! I’m only three months behind you :wink:

Happy birthday cliff. :sunglasses:

Happy Birthday Cliff… :wink:

Ray

Thank you folks .
Give us a clue Ray.

Me and my mate 30 odd years apart

Cliff luxton:
This is what replaced the fridges , Peter got fed up with the rat race and rate cutting on fridge work. There was a depot opened in London, and later in Birmingham. This later led to Danzas buying the company from Peter.

Hi Cliff

Around '79/ early 1980 I was just starting my driving “career”. At the time I was living in Langport working for a mob in Somerton who did antiques shipping (owned by Stuart Pattemore, if that means anything to you). I’d regularly see Chard Meats and Axminster Tpt around my neck of the woods and on the 303 when we got a London job. I later worked for Pattemore’s son-in-law doing market runs from Langport to Blandford, Shaftesbury, Dorchester &c, same thing applied. By 1981 I was in Lunnon on removals and general freight and I remember seeing Axminster’s “nexday” Lt35s regularly on any trip to the south-west - the livery stood out like dog’s danglies.

hi cliff steve jones aka road rage morrocco days worked for Mr bradfield not been on for a while happy bday m8 u doing well .

stevejones:
hi cliff steve jones aka road rage morrocco days worked for Mr bradfield not been on for a while happy bday m8 u doing well .

We could have all nipped down to the ‘Yachty’ in Tangier port to celebrate if they hadn’t knocked it down :laughing: ! Anyone for the Marco Polo instead?

im up for that m8 then a few in the genena up the steps then for those still game finish of down the solazur 5am nite over :smiley:

Sounds like a plan Robert and Steve. Need somewhere to park me Zimmer.