Axminster transport

Well done Cliff!
Axminster deserves a thread of it’s own.
As you remember I did a few relief jobs for Peter one time and another and enjoyed all of them. I remember a fortnight on one of they T45s with some cheese deliveries in Swiss. How is Peter? Still about I hope.
And morning to you too Denis. Bloody long time since I last saw you - probably in a bar somewhere! Glad there is a few of us left though last time I saw Cliff he tried to addict me to something called Doom Bar. It worked too!
Take care,
David

David nice to hear from you and hope you are keeping well . Good stuff that doom bar . For myself it’s ricard or pastis followed by vino collapso too much time spent in france although mostly on the costa blanca for the last 13 years but old habits die hard . We will have to try and have a catch up one of these days and see how much diesel we can get through don’t know about this adblue stuff though don’t taste as good as calvados and I think you use more per 100kms . If I remember one café calva was good for 100kms ha ha
good days take care den

Hello Dave still got that doom bar few of the lads coming to try it Saturday,Thanks for the input .Thank you Dennis.
Somewhere in France.

Hi Cliff nice to see your thread going so well,keep up the good work.I am hoping to bring Dumper with me for a few hours saturday but don’t hold your breath.All being well be there for lunch see you mate.

This is one of Bubblemans pics that he put on another thread a while back ! Asked him if it was ok to move
to this thread.

Cliff did the 2 x scanias jog your memory ■■

Thanks to Dean, Dave, Baldrick, Jon, Dennis and Geoff for pics and input hope I haven’t missed anyone.
Here’s me unloading in Gibraltar. Still can’t tell you about the Scanias.

One more to keep us going.

Cliff luxton:
One more to keep us going.

Bloody hell cliff, that looks tight between the top of the trailer and the roof of the ferry ! I assume
you were backing on looking at the pic ?

Heres a daf i found on the net !

8313088583_1aa594e9c6.jpg

This is in the abattoir in Surgeres France with John Dwyer.

Great pictures.

Windscreen full of flags and stickers, plenty of spot lights and no talk of the working time directive…proper trucking !!

Great pictures there cliff . tipped hanging beef from uk into surgeres myself then loaded frozen box beef out of there a couple of times for Greece when I drove for Cherbourg depot then down to brindisi boat to patras clear customs in St nicks and tip in the meat market . Always 2 or 3 days to clear then load cotton bales from a town up towards volos for northern france good trips
den

We used to do a lot of Surgeres too. Hanging out and, often, box to Greece or Italy. Either way I could never decide whether it was better to go straight across to Macon, small twisty and hilly, or back up to Paris and down the boring motorway. Usually straight across won - better eating and better places to stop at night. Tacho? What were they for then?
That ferry was Greece I’m guessing Cliff - purely by the number of hitchies hanging about at the ramp.

David

s_28202-2.jpg
8311822165_5aaa41daaf.jpg
8314142320_547f221b22.jpg

By the great silence coming from Dorset I’m guessing that much Doom Bar was consumed this weekend.

And why not indeed :smiley:

David

Great minds think alike david or else lost the internet signal in west bay. come on cliff you’ve had years of experience .
good photos there thanks Robert.

Internet signal Dennis? No I think you’ll find they have to fly the message from West Bay to Dorchester by a Pigeon before he can get onto the World Wide Web. :unamused:
David

David . I hope there wasn’t an accident if they had to change the barrel or should I say when they changed it .Could it have been a DOOM ED barrel .
Do you think we should start a where’s cliff thread or who’s seen cliff this week .any more suggestions ? answers on the back of a tacho disc please .Dennis

From Trucklines brochure !

Scan5.jpg

Please note that in the Truckline brochure that DeanB has posted the Axminster 89 even has the yellow headlights. Now there’s a proper company, duly respectful of National regulations. Was it yours Dennis?

I’ve just realised that about 95% of the people who read this will be saying to themselves ‘yellow headlights, what is the silly old ■■■■ going on about?’ Well it was a while ago I suppose. But who remembers how cross they used to get with vehicles that had white lights?

David

David Miller:
Please note that in the Truckline brochure that DeanB has posted the Axminster 89 even has the yellow headlights. Now there’s a proper company, duly respectful of National regulations. Was it yours Dennis?

I’ve just realised that about 95% of the people who read this will be saying to themselves ‘yellow headlights, what is the silly old [zb] going on about?’ Well it was a while ago I suppose. But who remembers how cross they used to get with vehicles that had white lights?

David

I remember painting my headlights with iodine paint from a little bottle you could buy in the AA shops, before going through France! :wink: Robert