Axion Recycling?

Hey all,

Well I finally sacked off my ballache of a multidrop pallet job!

I’ve now got three solid months of experience and having posted my CV online I’ve had so many offers of work that I felt confident to give my week’s notice prior to my week off.

I’ve already been offered work for Instarmac which would be same as current salary (£10.50 p/h) but 20 mins closer to home and only 6 drops a day (rather than 10-15) with no tail lift/pump truck malarkey or private addresses - mainly builders yards with fork lifts.

This is my fall back option and I could literally start within a couple of days. However, I’ve been looking around and just been offered an interview for skip work. It would be on the Jaguar Land Rover contract doing 4 drops and 4 collections a day to their sites. £11.25 p/h and minimum of 50 hours work - I think the company is Axion from my research. It’s also only 30 mins from home (last job was 60 mins).

What do you guys think? Any advice?

How will this compare to pallet multidrop for a newbie like me?

My first question would be whether these are direct employment or agency jobs? The latter one sounds very agency if they don’t give the name of the company on the ad or when they offered you the interview.

Don’t know anything about the companies, but I would suggest the number of drops might increase somewhat as they always try to make it look attractive, but the building one will likely have better hours as merchants and sites usually follow better hours - 7 or 8am to 4 or 5pm. If it’s class 2 at least you don’t have the grief of getting an artic into a tiny yard.

The skips one I’m guessing is 4 swaps at the sites which has the advantages that you’ll soon learn the locations no doubt and how to get in / out etc. but 4 a day seems a little leisurely if you’re working 50 hours a week. Unless they are a very long way apart, skips is usually much more “gotta get from here to there asap with no stops”.

As long as you go into either one with your eyes open and assume they might adjust your job a bit, then I guess it depends if you want regulated hours or maxing out your days and money. Just remember, there is something called a life beyond work especially if you have to work weekends. :slight_smile:

It’s agency but they have already taken on several drivers permanently and may look to do so again around Nov apparently - either way it’s potentially a good stint which allows me time to choose the next step.