Avonmouth Truckstop

Will be doing my last drop in Henbury, Bristol at the end of the day tomorrow. Was wondering if Avonmouth truckstop is worth a visit or whether to get a take-away for dinner and find a layby?

Any other suggestions for overnight parking around J17/18 M5, won’t have enough hours to go much further afield. Thanks.

park up on the estate and walk up that way the parkings free.

BUT i heard there was alot of break ins going on around there so becarefull

jon

Try Asda Walmart, Cribbs Causeway (J17 I think). They’re open 24 hours, have a huge car park, a restaurant (although I don’t know about opening times), a petrol station with truck lanes, and might let you park in the corner if you ask nicely. :slight_smile:

MrFlibble:
Try Asda Walmart, Cribbs Causeway (J17 I think). They’re open 24 hours, have a huge car park, a restaurant (although I don’t know about opening times), a petrol station with truck lanes, and might let you park in the corner if you ask nicely. :slight_smile:

They’ve just put a load of giant rocks in and around their car park. Looks like they are trying to deter the trucks, can’t make out why though.

Not that easy round there. But, on the way out of Henbury back toward the M5, you will see Safeway RDC on the right, just past a roundabout, turn right at that, go down to the next roundabout and U-turn back the same way and take the first left. Park down that road, its about the only one down there you can do it.
Then, from there, walk back to Morrisons store and go up to the left side of it, to find a Burger King (I think), or carry on, bear right and walk up to Asda store.

Avonmouth truckstop is nearly as expensive for parking as Gordano. As an alternative Weston-Super-Mare has overnight parking for 4 quid a night, and the park is in the middle of town near a Tesco (closes midnight until 6am).
Food at Avonmouth is pretty good, and not too bad a price, but it’s over a tenner to park up.

DAFMAD:

MrFlibble:

They’ve just put a load of giant rocks in and around their car park. Looks like they are trying to deter the trucks, can’t make out why though.

More likely the travellers, who have been making a nuisance of themselves around here recently.

allikat:
Avonmouth truckstop is nearly as expensive for parking as Gordano. As an alternative Weston-Super-Mare has overnight parking for 4 quid a night, and the park is in the middle of town near a Tesco (closes midnight until 6am).
Food at Avonmouth is pretty good, and not too bad a price, but it’s over a tenner to park up.

I claim back parking on expenses, so that’s not a problem, I ain’t paying for parking. :slight_smile:

Ended up in Tewkesbury, cos I got to take the 7.5tonner, so managed to get to Bristol wi a bit of driving time left and got back north a bit. Thanks for the advice, will keep it in mind for next time. :wink:

it`s been a while since i parked on Avonmouth, have they still got communal showers or have they replaced them with individual ones with cubicals?
roy…

DAFMAD:

MrFlibble:

I went and had a look yesterday. They’ve also put up some “No overnight HGV parking” signs :frowning: .
ISTM that they’re missing out on a major opportunity - while they don’t have showers, they do have a toilet and cafe, so if they were to charge a minimal amount (e.g. a couple of quid) to cover the staff cost of someone administering the parking, they could make some use of the huge car park they’ve got. It’s not like it’s in the middle of a housing estate, either. Perhaps it’s a planning permission problem.

:frowning: Agree with that one MrFlibble, it seems a wasted opportunity. Usually there is planty of space over in the far corner.
Maybe someone has spoiled it for the rest of us. There are a few scummy drivers out there - litter, yellow bottles etc