Avonmouth Mon-Friday work?

Has anybody got any ideas for work in the Avonmouth area? I see a lot of jobs with schedules that would affect time with my daughter who i have every 2nd weekend, or involve nights out which i cant do at the moment.
Not sounding like the ideal willing candidate for a job eh? Lol. Top it off with the fact i’m a new pass class 1 and it makes me sound worse!!

Clean license, class 2 since 2009 and class 1 since September 2018. I’ve history of driving tippers, vacuum tankers, hook lift and chain lift skips, ashcarts, curtain side and recently on walking floor trailers at recycling yards in South Wales. I’ve also some history driving artics (bulk tippers) on the docks to offload ships.

I live near Newport but Avonmouth is 35 mins drive and better options. Rubbish time of year for long term work but i might have to run the risk for the agency xmas rush and gamble on January being ok.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated as i need out of where i currently am asap.

Thanks

Smiths Waste (Gloucester) have a small depot in Avonmouth and if they have space in the yard would run an artic walking floor/ejector/bulk tipper from there.

They have plenty of day work. Occasionally (I did maybe 5 a year) there is work to do Saturday but that could be something simple like 3 runs from Weston Super Mare to Avonmouth.

Biffa/Veolia/Suez plenty of day work for waste and recycle in Avonmouth.

mrginge:
Smiths Waste (Gloucester) have a small depot in Avonmouth and if they have space in the yard would run an artic walking floor/ejector/bulk tipper from there.

They have plenty of day work. Occasionally (I did maybe 5 a year) there is work to do Saturday but that could be something simple like 3 runs from Weston Super Mare to Avonmouth.

Biffa/Veolia/Suez plenty of day work for waste and recycle in Avonmouth.

Nice one. Thanks for that mate, i’ll have a check online to see if any current vacancies. Tempted to go door knocking to get a better response than online applications. Only downside would be such a large area to cover and could end up with multiple time consuming casual chats about work that might not even lead to anything. But i suppose face to face is the better way to get a foot in the door.

If i have to risk the agency route, any ideas which one is the dominant provider for drivers in the area? Better to go for one at the top of the tree to stand a chance of continuous work i reckon

Not sure if we got anything going at the moment, but worth a call, try opex, Ask if there is any work going on the davies turner contract, day work with no nights out. There is the sister company called opex retail, formally sts, and thats doing aldi work out of cardiff - i think, never have any dealing with that. Hope this is helps mate

Try ADM milling at Hosegoods Mill on the docks. I don’t think any of their lads do nights out.

I doubt you’ll find Monday to Friday work with no nights out in Avonmouth that’ll be worth the daily commute. Even when the tolls are dropped next month. There’s plenty of work in South Wales, Downton in Chepstow and Magor (Magor has mon-Fri days only jobs), Owens, Stobart, Hicks, Keedwell amongst others in Newport, and there’s a few (TDW) in Bridgend.

The well paid jobs in Avonmouth are either tramping, or any out of 7 shift jobs.

bristolrob:
Not sure if we got anything going at the moment, but worth a call, try opex, Ask if there is any work going on the davies turner contract, day work with no nights out. There is the sister company called opex retail, formally sts, and thats doing aldi work out of cardiff - i think, never have any dealing with that. Hope this is helps mate

Cheers buddy. Thanks fir the heads up on that. Definately worth a try

Lonewolf Yorks:
Try ADM milling at Hosegoods Mill on the docks. I don’t think any of their lads do nights out.

Cheers mate

the nodding donkey:
I doubt you’ll find Monday to Friday work with no nights out in Avonmouth that’ll be worth the daily commute. Even when the tolls are dropped next month. There’s plenty of work in South Wales, Downton in Chepstow and Magor (Magor has mon-Fri days only jobs), Owens, Stobart, Hicks, Keedwell amongst others in Newport, and there’s a few (TDW) in Bridgend.

The well paid jobs in Avonmouth are either tramping, or any out of 7 shift jobs.

Hmmm, definately one to make me think there mate. I live in Caerleon so a 35 min continuous motorway drive to Avonmouth or 10-15 mins of small roads to the Newport jobs you mention.
Maybe i need to think about south wales average of £10ph on class 1 and travel hassle and costs compared to what i could earn at Avonmouth and the increase cost of travel.

I know i could get into Owens but not sure if i could get the shifts i want. Stobarts seem ok but i hear the pay isnt straight forward? Keedwells is on my estate so can pop in tomorrow and Hicks? One is around the corner and the other in Caldicot.

Definately making me consider my move so thanks for making me slow down for a moment mate. Might be able to talk people into what fits me seeing as its busy time of year

Avonmouth you have the COOP Tesco ASDA all near each other there is also a tipper /skip hire firm on that estate Culina not sure if they have day runs Richard Bull is down there as well

Plenty of work around Newport, one problem, its all s*** for 2 bob outfits, fill in the blanks ***** ****** *** I could go on.

I don’t know anyone from the area who works in the area, the extra 10 minutes in the car from Caerleon is well worth it.

Plenty of day work tippers, mixers, waste, you name it its there in Avonmouth.

Give Bull transport a ring, he subs for my employer 24/7 most of his drivers have been with him for years, he might fit you in, worth a go.

mike68:
Plenty of work around Newport, one problem, its all s*** for 2 bob outfits, fill in the blanks ***** ****** *** I could go on.

I don’t know anyone from the area who works in the area, the extra 10 minutes in the car from Caerleon is well worth it.

Plenty of day work tippers, mixers, waste, you name it its there in Avonmouth.

Give Bull transport a ring, he subs for my employer 24/7 most of his drivers have been with him for years, he might fit you in, worth a go.

I’ll google Bull transport for a number and see what they say mate.

I paid for my own class 1 to improve my options but it only made things worse. 4 on 4 off, any 5 out of 7, tramping etc etc.
I cant do tramping for a while but want to do it as no mrs, kids or pets waiting at home for me. And losing weekends for work affects the routine with my daughter, so those other schedules are a pain.

Find out who the hauliers are for the new Lidl DC in Avonmouth as be plenty of late shift Mon/Fri work there with no nights out.

Gregory Distribution in Magor?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

I work for Richard Bull’s brother Jonathan who also in with Tesco. Good firm to work for and he does general haulage out of Monmouth. If you want I can PM you his office number. He may be looking for a driver for Tesco if not I’m sure he could give you Richard Bulls number.

animal:
Avonmouth you have the COOP Tesco ASDA all near each other there is also a tipper /skip hire firm on that estate Culina not sure if they have day runs Richard Bull is down there as well

All that work you’ve just mentioned will include weekends unfortunately. You could try Gardeners the scrap people, Laureston (excuse my spelling), Skybound Services.

Gardeners will pay the same as Wales though.

mrginge:
Gardeners will pay the same as Wales though.

Yeah true but you might get a V8 with some bells n whistles!!

Any of the pallet system companies will have day work, mostly four-wheelers but it would be a start.

Palletforce are in Avonmouth - try nicki@surewaytransport.co.uk

Jaxo:
Gregory Distribution in Magor?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Strangely enough, they are advertising for day drivers but the options are - either Tuesday to Saturday, or Sunday to Thursday.
I believe this is chilled deliveries to Booker depots.
Might suit someone.
careers.gdl.uk.com/GDL/LGVCEDri … rttime.pdf