Avon Lodge Truckstop

2DD8642D-D18C-445D-A123-F77E3594AE59.jpegHullo friends. So I’ve started a new series on my channel where I will review truckstops, cafes and snack vans. Basically any eatery aimed at drivers. Started with this one as I was in area. Currently limited by ones either near me or places friends live or places on way from SW Wales so that’s Bristol and Liverpool (I’m not over endowed with friends :wink: ), but plan to become regular when I’m on road again which is who knows when.

Anyhow be interested in any constructive criticism. It’s my first, go easy! There’s lots of info in description that I should have put in video and will next time.

lorry-driver.com/2022/02/tru … h.html?m=1

Does it still smell like there’s a dead rat under the Lino ?

Punchy Dan:

No it’s spotless and looks new

switchlogic:

Punchy Dan:

It is and was but did smell on my last visit

looks ok, deffo clean but why do these places insist on crap sausages, i would willingly pay extra for quality bangers… :bulb:

p.s never thought friends was a issue for you luke… just endowment… :slight_smile:

pps ,good idea keep em coming :wink:

that meal is a fry up because a fry is one of the best meals on earth!

You are quite right of course, but to maintain standards, I would add “up” after the second fry on the web page and you tube page :wink:

I know you are not responsible for the menu, so I won’t point out that the breakfast should be named en route :laughing:

Duly noted :wink:

Very rarely do I eat from a chuck wagon as normally they always dissapoint to the point I feel robbed. However that said it would be interesting as well as handy to know of good ones.

switchlogic:

Punchy Dan:

8 out of 10 bit Generous
I preferred the old cafe

Jack-knife:

switchlogic:

Punchy Dan:

8 out of 10 bit Generous
I preferred the old cafe

As I explain it’s because all the facilities are immaculate which is becoming ever rarer on this tin pot island. I think 8 out of ten for an average meal in immaculate surrounds is about right. It’s the overall score

Yes…it’s not a bad truckstop.
Preferred it when the bar and big screen was there…but I don’t do nights out anymore,so irrelevant.

Just to clarify

Lack of screen and bar is irrelevant…not the op

switchlogic:

Jack-knife:

switchlogic:

Punchy Dan:

8 out of 10 bit Generous
I preferred the old cafe

As I explain it’s because all the facilities are immaculate which is becoming ever rarer on this tin pot island. I think 8 out of ten for an average meal in immaculate surrounds is about right. It’s the overall score

Maybe going forward do a food score and a facilities score?

Yes probably a good idea I’ve been thinking as one score means a Truckstop would go up against a snack van so going forward that’s what I’ll do.

m.a.n rules:
looks ok, deffo clean but why do these places insist on crap sausages, i would willingly pay extra for quality bangers… :bulb:

p.s never thought friends was a issue for you luke… just endowment… :slight_smile:

pps ,good idea keep em coming :wink:

Concur.I can’t believe they’re still dishing out those evil sheaths of sinew and connective tissue based monstrosities,masquerading as snorkers.Work of Beelzebub.