Avoid the sat nav company like the plague

Just giving my tuppence worth regarding ‘the sat nav company’ for any who come across this site considering buying from there.
My experience started on the 12th march after I 1st ordered my tomtom pro 5150 truck, order by 2pm for next day delivery it said, I ordered by 11am and received it not the next day but the day after, seems it is a regular occurrence after checking their facebook page… wish i checked there 1st as many others complain about the same things.
They also advertise free lifetime support regarding your device, well… after owning the device for 1 week something was amiss with the device and I phoned them for their ‘support’ where I was told someone will call me back shortly, no one did so I called again to no reply so I hung up, recalled immediately this time withholding my number and hey presto they answered and to be told again some one will call me… I think I would still be waiting come Christmas as I still have had no call back, its also something that many complain about thankfully tomtom dealt with my problem by returning the device to them and returning it back to me within a few days.
Another thing that was offered was a free 5" hard case to protect my investment, which I did chase up mid april as I still had not received it as they reckoned they was out of stock and it would follow up shortly, about a week later on the 25th April I received an email saying it had been dispatched and will be with me shortly, at that time I thought to myself “yeah sure”, “ill be surprised if I get it” and to my amazement they didn’t disappoint for the 1st time… I DIDN’T receive it!!! So last friday on the 2nd of may I phoned them to say I have not received it to be told one will be sent ‘to be signed for’ and yet again I thought yeah right im sure it will, well yet again they have not disappointed as I have not received it and after emailing them the Tuesday just gone for them to confirm it has been sent and ask for the tracking number, they confirmed it had been sent but couldn’t find the tracking number (surprised? im not) and I see others are complaining about the same yet again.
I don’t expect to get my free gift and any warranty will be dealt with by tomtom themselves so ‘the sat nav company’ is out of the equation now thank fully and the free 5" hard case worth £19.99 (probably £5.99 if your lucky) can go poke itself.
Go read the posts that all the disgruntled costumers of this disgraceful company on their facebook page.

i ordered a replacement windscreen mount for my snooper on line ,they sent a charger instead tried contacting them over and over again couldent get in touch i gave up in the end and kept it