Avoid M1 j16-18 and A14

Morning all.
Just been on the radio M1 shut both ways J16-18 for investigation work traffics back to Lutterworth j20 and back to Northampton m45 shut eastbound as well.
M6 south backing up as a result.

A14 shut at Godmanchester 2 car accident.

Not a good start to the day.sorry for the late post if your stuck in it just heard it on the radio.

Got delayed by this lot and delivery refused by supermarket dc as failed due to late arrival. No wonder this country is going down the pan- they’ll probably ‘fine’ the supplier too.
Hope those involved were okay - my delivery of cereals isn’t really that important in the bigger scheme of life. [emoji20]

fredthered:
Got delayed by this lot and delivery refused by supermarket dc as failed due to late arrival. No wonder this country is going down the pan- they’ll probably ‘fine’ the supplier too.
Hope those involved were okay - my delivery of cereals isn’t really that important in the bigger scheme of life. [emoji20]

What a jobs worth ■■■■ that manager is then don’t they listen to radio to see what out side world is doing

Ooops, I feel a lot of paperwork for someone bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-no … e-34981901

It had taken me 5 hours to get from J22-J18 southbound today & still have the fabulous A5 part to do yet

EDIT: just heard on radio news that a man was being chased by police in a stolen car & the driver of the stolen car got out & was hit by a passing vehicle & was killed

blue estate:

fredthered:

What a jobs worth [zb] that manager is then don’t they listen to radio to see what out side world is doing

Plus 1. What a Twot

fredthered:
Got delayed by this lot and delivery refused by supermarket dc as failed due to late arrival. No wonder this country is going down the pan- they’ll probably ‘fine’ the supplier too. [emoji20]

Reading this makes me glad I drive tippers. Late deliveries no problem, at worst leave it on the lorry and deliver it the following day.
At my last job they had a one off promotion for Aldi and wanted us to volunteer to swap our day run for an evening or night shift running to an Aldi DC. It was on strict time constraints like refused if early refused if late etc. I was equally as awkward and refused to do it, never asked what money was offered or where it was going to.

I believe it was a stolen 18t rigid truck.

TheNewBoy:
It had taken me 5 hours to get from J22-J18 southbound today & still have the fabulous A5 part to do yet

EDIT: just heard on radio news that a man was being chased by police in a stolen car & the driver of the stolen car got out & was hit by a passing vehicle & was killed

No problems here at all - Left Northampton at 0520, arrived Manchester 0835. 45 mins to do that delivery then on to Stockport and Macclesfield (with a 45 minute break between the two), returning to Northampton at 1515. Of course, I was using my much-derided “electronic toy”, which gave me hassle-free routes both ways :wink:

TheNewBoy:

No sympathy from me towards the driver then, if that’s true.

I passed this about 2 ish,but I can’t find any mention of it.
Hope the driver is OK,but don’t look good :frowning: